God truly is love. For there is no other god who can ever make the claim that they loved their own creation so much that they would sacrifice their own life in order that man could have life eternal in the next life. Now there are those that would argue against that but it is, at least in most cases , due to the fact that they are unwillingly to accept a God who will not accept sin. However, love is not love without discipline. Neither does it hate when enforcing discipline. Love does not allow free reign when it foresees tragic consequence. It instructs, guides, and directs with the other's well being in mind. It is not necessarily about what one wants as opposed to what one needs. Love always has the best intention for the other.
The last 3 out of my 4 postings had to do with the homosexual lifestyle. A sexual lifestyle that has been pushed real hard in recent decades for acceptance. As a Christian, for me to accept the lifestyle, would be an act of defiance to God. In essence I would be saying that I do not whole heartily follow Him because I am not willing to adhere to His word, His moral law, or to follow Him wholeheartedly.
But does that constitute hatred towards the homosexual? Or bigotry? Does that qualify me as a homophobe? Or God for that matter? Let's get this right out in the open and get to the meat and potatoes of the matter. Does God hate fags? Not a term I care to use but you will understand right away why I just used it. According to this self proclaimed Christian (I use the term quite loosely) who goes by the name Fred Phelps, He does. (Allow me to refute the fool)

Fred is an ordained Baptist minister and the founding member of "God hates fags." I spent a solid 45 minutes previewing his website before I literally began to feel nauseous. I read some of his "teachings" and previewed some of his videos so I could see for myself where he came up with this grand delusion that "God hates fags". I also discovered God hates just about everybody else, that is according to Freddy.
For example, I just about fell over when Freddy referred to Billy Graham as a "whore"! WHAT!!! Billy Graham? Even the most vile of sinnerdom respect's this guy. He is the epitome of a Christian. He presents the gospel truth in a very "Christ-like" fashion. In a way of compassion, genuine concern, and love without sugar coating the truth for the sake of appeasing the world. I strive to be Christ like myself but with my own fallibilities being half the man Billy Graham is would be quite an achievement. Anyways, that is a bunny trail for another time. Moving along...
Apparently God also hates:
-America
-American soldier's (ironic considering they are fighting to preserve Fred's right to espouse his deluded message)
- Every other minister of the gospel that espouses God's love (even though they adhere to biblical teaching's)
- and everyone outside of Fred's congregation.
**Note** I could not find any scriptural references to support Fred's delusion.
You see, Freddy feels that because the Bible renounces homosexuality as a wicked abomination and a detestable sin before God (which it does and up to this point I am in agreement) this must mean that God hates homosexuals as well. This is where Freddy and I will have conflict. The scriptures have always been clear that it is the act (sin) that God despises. You see the Bible declares ALL sin detestable and this would include murder, theft, embezzlement, lying, cheating, and other sexual sins such as adultery, fornication, bestiality, rape, and so on. Homosexuality is not singled out.
There many scriptural references I could easily bring into this but anyone who has taken the time to thoroughly read the bible in it's entire context will logically arrive to the conclusion that although God does condemn sin He also provides a message of hope thru redemption and salvation. It is one offered to ALL mankind including homosexuals. For....
God did not send his Son into the world to condemn it, but to save it. John3:17
Would God do this if He already pre-determined that He hated you? Would Christ lay down His own life in such a horrible and torturous death because He hated you?
Christ died that ALL might have life eternal. I say might because God has left the decision in the hands of the individual. But His love has already been displayed up front. Christ displayed His love for us in the face of sin when we read John 8 where we find a woman caught up in sexual sin (adultery). It reads:
"Teacher," they said to Jesus, "this woman was caught in the very act of adultery. The law of Moses says to stone her. What do you say?"
They were trying to trap him into saying something they could use against him, but Jesus stooped down and wrote in the dust with his finger. They kept demanding an answer, so he stood up again and said, "All right, stone her. But let those who have never sinned throw the first stones!" Then he stooped down again and wrote in the dust.
When the accusers heard this, they slipped away one by one, beginning with the oldest, until only Jesus was left in the middle of the crowd with the woman. Then Jesus stood up again and said to her, "Where are your accusers? Didn't even one of them condemn you?"
"No, Lord," she said.
And Jesus said, "Neither do I. Go and sin no more." John 8:4-11
This woman, at this point, was without hope and without God. Yet Christ LOVED her first by forgiving her. BUT, He did not condone her sexual sin but instead told her to turn from it practice it no more! This woman turned out to be Mary Magdalene. She was not one over by Christ's disdain and hate for her but love. This is how Christians are supposed to be a testimony to the rest of the world. By sharing God's love, not condoning sin, but loving the sinner. Something every Christian was at one time and still has a tendency to slide into due to our fallibilities. Sadly, this is something that has not sunk in with Freddy.
Freddy also thinks that God laughs when homosexuals die or any other unrepentant sinner for that matter. I sought the Lord on this one asking Him if what Freddy says could possibly be true and His spirit brought a verse to me immediately.
"As surely as I live, says the Sovereign LORD, I take no pleasure in the death of wicked people. I only want them to turn from their wicked ways so they can live."
Ezekiel 33:11
Hmmmm...don't know which God you are serving Freddy but it isn't the God of the Bible. Sounds more like God's adversary....I have read that he is filled with hate.
![FPDemon[1]](http://static.flickr.com/59/204690928_8499949736_o.jpg)
(notice a resemblance?)
Until next time...
11 comments:
Freddy is an extremist dirt bag. Unfortunately, his fame and teachings are being impressed into the public’s mind, and when they think of “Christian” his image may appear in their mind. We all have our short comings, but this guy is nuts. I wish he would repent and publicly admit his foolish hate. Great post, BTW.
wb TIO, i was beginning to wonder when you would post next.
"Fred is an ordained Baptist minister"
I learned that there isn't any Southern Baptist group that can sack their members due to the decentralized nature of their organization.
And Phelps is indeed a deranged old fool. We ought to fear for the salvation of his congregation. And they say that Satan will appear in a form pleasing to the faithful. He'll come with a halo over his head and a Bible in his hand.
Phelps is a nutjob who is exercising his 1st amendment rights callously. Don't know where he studied for his calling, but they must have skipped the love thy neighbor bits in the bible.
More Christians should publicly say "This is not what we are about". Makes me wonder if they secretly agree with him.
Hate the sin; not the sinner. But the other "sins" listed, such as adultery aren't met with such hatred. It seems to be reserved for the homosexual, whose behavior is "outside the norm".
Maybe folks don't hate sins they can conceive of commiting themselves; which leads me to believe it's not really the sin they hate. If you steal , do you think, I hate the theft? Or do you say, I hate myself for stealing?
I wouldn't say that he's having too bad an influence on social perceptions of Christianity. From what I've seen here in "'Merica" most people view him as crazy and not as a representative of general Christianity.
But he certainly does keep things interesting around here (and is far safer than some of our terrorist Christian groups).
Karen:
"More Christians should publicly say "This is not what we are about". Makes me wonder if they secretly agree with him."
Helloooo! I thought I just did that. I was not even aware of this deluded man until you told me about him.
I think the other question here is even when Christian's do renounce him are they believed? I posted my sincere views as a Christian on this guy yet some may, for whatever reason, think I am lying about anyway.
Speaking as Christian, I think it is more important for us to demonstrate the true essence of Christ rather then run around renouncing some of these fools. Their own folly exposes them. Did you need me to tell you he is a nut job or did you figure it out on your own?
What is not fair is when ALL of Christendom attracts the same label because of his actions.
"But the other "sins" listed, such as adultery aren't met with such hatred. It seems to be reserved for the homosexual, whose behavior is "outside the norm".
Maybe folks don't hate sins they can conceive of commiting themselves; which leads me to believe it's not really the sin they hate. If you steal , do you think, I hate the theft? Or do you say, I hate myself for stealing?"
Where Fred is way off is that he is most definitely hating the individual as well as the sin. He has not separated the two.
When the "sin" is the focus then homosexuality is not singled out.
For example, who can actually say they "like" it that their spouse is committing the sin of adultery? I know I would hate it. When it comes to theft. I am angry with the person who stole from me but even more I hate the action (sin) I hate "it" that they stole from me.
You understand where I coming from this angle? All sin is to be despised.
If I am the one who stole then, unless I do it often enough that I have become callous to the act, I am ashamed by my actions or "choice to sin".
Vile B:
Welcome back.
"From what I've seen here in "'Merica" most people view him as crazy and not as a representative of general Christianity."
It is good to know many can make the distinction.
"But he certainly does keep things interesting around here (and is far safer than some of our terrorist Christian groups)."
I am curious who these "Christian terrorist" groups are. I am certainly aware of the radical muslim fundamentalists (Hezbollah, Hamas, PLO) but Christian terrorists? I am interested (No, not in joining). Who are they?
TIO
Helloooo! I thought I just did that. I was not even aware of this deluded man until you told me about him.
Indeed you did do that, Hon. Sorry for not being clear. I meant the "powers that be" in Christendom, especially here in the US ought to denounce Phelps' ways, if they really do not represent christianity. Silence can be taken as assent.
I think the other question here is even when Christian's do renounce him are they believed? Actions speak louder than words. If the actions that follow the renunciation support it, then it will be believed. If not, then disbelief will occur.
Their own folly exposes them. Did you need me to tell you he is a nut job or did you figure it out on your own? Figured it out on my own, obviously, since I told you about him. But then, I think it's nutty to deny gay marriages.
What is not fair is when ALL of Christendom attracts the same label because of his actions. Actually, Phelps is just an extreme example of "christians" not living up to their own set of moral standards. If you guys could ever figure out exactly which rules you're going to follow, and which ones you're going to ignore, the rest of us would be less confused.
Where Fred is way off is that he is most definitely hating the individual as well as the sin. He has not separated the two.
Where Fred is way off is that he is most definitely hating the individual as well as the sin. He has not separated the two.
I agree. I just think this is more widespread than Fred. He is more honest about it.
When the "sin" is the focus then homosexuality is not singled out.
Oh? Where are the demonstrations against adultery? Rape? Incest? Bestiality? Yes, there are laws against such things, but the laws are broken daily. Where is the organized protest?
For example, who can actually say they "like" it that their spouse is committing the sin of adultery? I know I would hate it.
Be honest. Would you be angry at the adultery itself or the people who committed it?
I am angry with the person who stole from me but even more I hate the action (sin) I hate "it" that they stole from me.Why? Because if they had simply asked you, you would have freely given whatever it was to them?
Isn't that WJWD? They know they are going to be forgiven anyway, so what is the use in the anti-theft rule?
I was more interested in the feelings involved with the SELF who is stealing. The guilt and shame involved tend to turn to self-hatred ather than hatred of the act. When you transpose this from theft to homosexuality, perhaps you can see the consequences. Although once again, I maintain that homosexuality is not a choice.
Back on topic, Fred is a butthead.
Intolerant, RE: Christian terrorist groups in America as defined by the FBI and/or the MIPT
1. Aryan Nations
2. The Ku Klux Klan
3. The Army of God
4. Covenant, Sword, and Arm of the Lord
5. The Phineas Priesthood
6. The Order II
These groups are either currently active or considered "underground".
There are several more outside the borders of the United States.
A rare moment, in which theist & heathen can agree.
Anyone remember Anita Bryant? She got 'hit' by a pie in the face in full view of the media, & poof! No more 'face time'.
I'd advocate the use of urine-filled water balloons in this case.
Even Hannity & Colmes, in a rare moment of honest journalism (for those 2) laid into these loons.
I recall Moore' film, where he brought a busload of gay folk, who began singing to 1 of the protesters, & she began singing "& god hates fags, & god hates fags"
It was just sickening.
Thanks for denouncing these pinheads.
KA: (I'll have to get usd to that)
"A rare moment, in which theist & heathen can agree."
Rare momment but touching nonehteless. ;)
"Thanks for denouncing these pinheads.
Call them as I see them. Prior to my own conversion 9 years ago I often looked at fools like this and used them as my "example" as to why I would not follow God.
I have since realised that when it comes to quacks like this it is simply a matter of opening my Bible and asking the question:
"Is how they are behaving within the nature of Christ and the teachings of the Bible?"
The answer, in this case, was blatantly obvious. The only step I would not take as a Christian is to apologise for their chosen stupidity. They clearly do not represent Christ and I would not apologise for their actions. That would be up to Fred to acknowledge responsibility for his message of hatred.
I would rather expose him/them (as I have) for the frauds that they are.
Post a Comment