Monday, August 07, 2006

Hezbollah (Party of Cowards!)

hezbollah 012005-8-12-13

As the world continues to watch the horrors of war unfolding in the middle east on the borders of Israel and Lebanon it has caused many on the outside looking in to engage in emotional and, at many times, heated debate.

Often as is the case the "Right" wing come to the defense of Israel. We are often lumped together by "Left" wing pundits as a group of overzealous Christian fundamentalists who, "solely" for Biblical reasons, defend Israel's actions taken against the Hezbollah. They often forget that many "Right" wingers are not people of faith/religion but simply hold more conservative views.

On the other side, again as is usual , we have the "Left" wing pundits denouncing Israel and calling for a ceasefire. They believe that one can broker a “Peace” deal with a terrorist. Yeah...right! They also often tend to assume that because the “Right” believe that a nation has the right to defend itself when it is attacked unprovoked, that this make’s them a bunch of blood thirsty savages enjoying the blood shed on CNN.

I have seen the images of dead children being held in their parents arms and felt anguish for these people. I stopped a moment and imagined holding one of my own and instantly welled up with tears. My heart and prayers go out to both the innocent’s of Lebanon and Israel.

I hate the fallout of war and yet I recognize that it is not always avoidable. I wish it was. But sometimes it becomes a necessity even though nobody wants it.

As I am sure many of you have done, I too have asked the question “What just happened? Why? And who truly is responsible?”

These same questions were asked during the reign of Hitler. Winston Churchill lost his following election for going to war and yet many will agree that standing up to Hitler was (now hindsight) the best thing that could have been done for mankind.

Flagbig

Today those decisions still have to be made. Israel is in a tough position. They are surrounded by nations that harbor and support, both financially and politically, terrorist organizations like the Hezbollah who have only one objective. The complete eradication of the Jewish people and annihilation of Israel. A short list but pretty nasty.

While on the other hand, anytime Israel has had to defend itself against such hate filled attacks on it’s nation, it is THEY who come under international scrutiny. Not the aggressor’s. It is Israel who is always pushed into coming up with some sort of ceasefire plan for something they did not start. Is the focus not just a little bit misdirected? Where are the The great purveyors of human rights known as the U.N. and their condemnation of such barbaric acts like the ones unleashed by the Hezbollah? When do they decry the death of innocent Israeli’s who also lost loved ones from rockets that were not provoked thru a declaration of war but a straight forward act of aggression? Lack of support from the International community or the U.N. is a statement of support for the actions of terrorism.


Let’s make no bones about how this started. Hezbollah attacked Israel first! As a nation, just how does one expect Israel to respond?

(How the International community would like them to respond)“Oh great and terrible leaders of Hezbollah, we do not know what we did to offend you but what ever it is we are truly sorry and beg your forgiveness. Could we just sit down and broker a peace deal that we know you will ignore anyway but it should pacify you for at least another 8 - 10 weeks until your hate begins to burn towards us again?”

Hezbollah is not interested in negotiating. In fact, they are not interested in war because they already understand that war on an equal playing field (out in the open) would mean a swift defeat. They know if they had the balls to fight in a war they would not need to hide in civilian homes, in foreign countries, kill innocent civilians with their gutless suicide bombs that they detonate in public malls and on school buses full of children (funny how the international community forgets those acts) , and using the local women and children as human shields. These are not the actions of soldiers but of spineless cowards.

A true soldier would don a uniform and meet Israel out on the battlefield. But that would take courage. Something Hezbollah does not have.

So how do they win sympathy from “Left” wing pundits and the U.N. (Useless Nations)? They rely on the “Propaganda strategy of the more civilized society’s” They actually hate western society but they know how to manipulate it by first embedding themselves into suburbia, virtually ensuring innocent civilian deaths, they can then draw fire towards themselves thru provocation and show the world just what big bad Israel did. Hezbollah understands how to exploit the weakness of a "civilized" society that focus's on the innocent's killed by the responders as opposed to lashing out and dealing with the perpetrators who intentionally and willfully set out to take as many innocent lives as they possibly can. (again, see definition of the suicide bomber)

What also seems to be overlooked thru out all of this is that by Hezbollah moving rockets into villages AND THEN FIRING THEM at a neighboring nation, this is a direct violation of the Geneva convention. Where was the uproar on this one?

There is no debate that Israel has taken innocent lives in the pursuit of responding to Hezbollah attacks on their nation but there is certainly a difference between Israel and Hezbollah when it comes to the killing fields of war. Kathleen Parker summed it up better then I could when she said:

" let's be clear on the issue of moral equivalence. There is none. Hezbollah aims to kill civilians; Israel aims not to. But by firing rockets from civilian areas, Hezbollah forces Israel to return fire, thus inciting the condemnation of civilized nations and fueling the reliable outrage of the Arab street.

The fog of war may prevent absolute clarity, but this much seems certain: Those dead women and children are casualties of Hezbollah, not Israel."




Dead Hezbollah

As far as Hezbollah themselves are concerned, they picked this fight, and they will get exactly what they were asking for. I do believe that Israel has finally had enough and is fed up with Hezbollah, Hamas, the PLO, and the International community of the all too sympathetic civilized elite."

Until next time...

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let’s make no bones about how this started. Hezbollah fired the rockets on Israel first! As a nation, just how does one expect Israel to respond?

I have to pull you up on this one, the chain of events were Hizbullah kidnapped the soldiers, Israeli Air Force bombed Lebanon, THEN Hizbullah rockets fired into Israel. It may be a small point but we have to keep the factual credibility and not let it get spun out of shape.

The Intolerant One said...

Lucy:

I must humbly concede, too my embarrassment, your correction. In my haste of emotion while piecing this article together I did in fact write the statement that Hezbollah fired the rockets first. I read this article 3 times over before posting and I am dumbfounded at my error. It should clearly state that Hezbollah “attacked” first thru the cross border killings and Israel responded as they do with the Hamas and Fatah groups.

Thank you Lucy for not “rubbing it in” too much but graciously pointing it out. I will update the original post with the correction in place.

No spin was intended.

However, speaking of spin...

"the chain of events were Hizbullah kidnapped the soldiers"

You seemed to have forgotten about the three Israeli soldiers that Hezbollah killed!

Anonymous said...

I actually thought at the time that the killings would be used as more of a justification, but it hasn't been for some reason.
I was guilty of over simplifying my comment, nobody should forget the poor 3 soldiers killed, or any of the deaths, during this conflict.

Vile Blasphemer said...

Hey, TIO, don't know if you've been watching the last post's comments, but I answered your question, re: Christian terrorist groups.

The Intolerant One said...

Q:

The Tats were done up long before "Hollywood" made them the trendy "in" thing. Now I fit in too society again (yechhh!)

"Just noticed the Q-Tip patch. Q-Tip was one of my many nicknames...

...Red (I used to have orange hair


Q-TIP? Red hair too? Dad? Is that you?

LOL can't believe we have that much in common.

"Okay, it isn't a photo of me."

No s***! You claim on your site that you are 50 years old but your photo looks like you are around the 85 mark. I remember when I saw the photo I though to myself:

"IF that really is him at age 50 then he must have a severe drinking problem or does not know when to call it quits in the tanning booth!"

Anonymous said...

I am actually relieved that he does not own an Aussie hat without the corks.

Anonymous said...

Q-Tip,
I love your insight and passion about these kind of issues.I also love and hate the fact that you are a good christian who supports wars with a justifications similar to the ones I hear on mainstream media outlets.I guess this is one thing that you and I shall forever learn to agree to disagree.However,I admire your the sense of defense you always put when it comes to defending war against terror.What I would love you to concentrate,just for one month, is to carefully analyse the causes.Why do terrorists do what they are doing?Are they just crazy?What happened to the world history?If anything bad or good happened,what is a better way to win the war on terror then?

Nog said...

Christians come out in the defense of peace. There is no "Christian" right to self defense. We have to take everyones crap and "turn the other cheek".

Anonymous said...

I have never understood the connection between the collective "people of a religious persuasion" and their love of a good conflict throughout history.
I know nothing of the bible but surely your god would abhor any violence and death in his name yet we see it going on around the World even today.
As someone once said "Never in history have atheists raised an army to invade another country".

Anonymous said...

I was told it was George Orwell who said it but the person who told me had just finished telling me her theory about the alphabet, surnames and success levels so her answer is questionable.

The Intolerant One said...

Jeff:

Thank you for insight and questions. I am considering them.

The Intolerant One said...

Nog:

"Christians come out in the defense of peace."

As we should BUT when there are those who will come at you no matter how much you may want to promote peace you are only left with the option of defending yourself.

"There is no "Christian" right to self defense."

There isn't? Men are appointed by God to be the leaders, providers, and protectors of their homes. How would you explain to God that you watched your family get attacked as you stood by and turned the other cheek? Remember in the Old Testament when it came to God's punishments for death? Self defense was absolved. In other words, you were not put to death if you were defending your self from an attacker. Likewise if a nation comes under attack. IF the aggressors are not interested in negotiations then they have the right to defend themselves.

"We have to take everyones crap and "turn the other cheek".

Jesus was referring to the times of when Christians were and will be persecuted for their faith in Him. This has nothing to do with nations defending their sovereignty. Besides bro, I am a fallible human. Hit me once I will turn my other cheek. Hit me twice...and I am all out of cheeks to turn! I will be coming back at ya!

The Intolerant One said...

Lucy:

"I have never understood the connection between the collective "people of a religious persuasion" and their love of a good conflict throughout history"

Neither have I. There is a difference between militant radical Muslims who WANT the "holy jihad" and the Christians who do NOT want war but support that kind of recourse when a nation comes under attack. It is not fair to generalize here with a blanket statement. Often, as you well know Lucy, Right wing Christians often get labeled as blood thirsty warmonger's for supporting a nations right to self defense.

"I know nothing of the bible but surely your god would abhor any violence and death in his name yet we see it going on around the World even today."

Not all religions follow the Bible so again we cannot generalize. Christ said in the scriptures (speaking of a future time most likely today) "that many will kill and feel they are doing a service for God" He was condemning this of course.

But think about how radical militant Islam kills for that very reason. Saying "God is great" right before they cut off some poor soul's head. When a Christian leader defends those who are being oppressed by that kind of extremism it is not because they are trying to "force eradication of the infidel" (message of radical Islam) in hopes that it will speed Allah's return. They are defending it from that type of ideology in hopes of restoring and maintaining peace.

Anonymous said...

TIO - That's exactly my point, be it God, Allah, Buddha or whoever, religion is to my mind about peace and tolerance and understanding to fellow man but yet throughout history all flavours of religion have at some point used their god to justify killing each other which does seem at odds with what i believe religion is about.

Les Becker said...

I have been "avoiding" reading your words here, ever since you spoke to me in the comments at The Queen of Light & Joy's blog... I came here and read the word "Hezbollah" and ran away quickly, because I am SO not good at voicing an intelligent opinion about anything this... big? Planetary? There's no word for that.

But after your visit to my own blog, and your kind words, I felt I owed you that "read". And I'm so glad I read it, now. I wish I had your way with words when it comes to subject matter of this weight. Maybe then, I wouldn't be so afraid to express my own opinions and ideas, rather than fear I'll be misunderstood, and just add to all the "narstiness", as my kid would say.

I'll back often - I'll even try to comment as odd as some of them may end up sounding. Your writing is spectacular, and I believe I can learn a lot from it.

The Intolerant One said...

Les:

Thanks for popping by. I appreciated your comments and kind words of encouragement as well.

" Maybe then, I wouldn't be so afraid to express my own opinions and ideas, rather than fear I'll be misunderstood, and just add to all the "narstiness","

There will always be those who will misunderstand no matter what. That is what "comment" sections are for. They allow room for clarifaction. (This is why Queen of L&J needs to leave her's open! LOL)

Don't let fear hold you back. I write about the things/issues from an angle that many do not wish to discuss. They are NOT popular among the mainstream,even though I believe many agree. They fear "offending".

Why should only one side have the proverbial soap box? If I disagree with evolution and can pick it apart scientifically then I will not remain silent. If I disagree with gay marriage then I will state my case regardless of who it offends and how politically incorrect it is considered. And if I think Israel has a right to defend itself against a group of "punk a** cowards" then my readers shall know.

I think, in my expeirences, it is not so much the fear of what is being said, it is fear of speaking truth.

Please do continue to come by Les. Your views and opinions will always be welcome regardless of which side of any debateable topic you may be on. If you were to peruse some of the more "heated" entries at this site (especially "more gay tolerance") you will see that I do not delete those who oppose my side of the arguement. I welcome it in for discussion, provided it is civil.

Discussion is not a discussion when only one side is heard. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Anonymous said...

I have to join in the TIO lovefest and say that he is one of those rare breeds from the other side of the political divide that treats his treats with respect even if he disagrees and i have yet to see him mock anyone who has disagreed with him. That said, he is still a righty!!

Anonymous said...

treats his readers as well

Krystalline Apostate said...

Yeesh, 2 posts I agree w/!
& me a leftie liberal!
Truth is, though, that while I'm not a huge fan of Israel, the side that's less likely to assassinate me is the 1 I should be on.
I think that most of this could've been avoided by not invading Iraq in the 1st place (destabilizing the region, & driving most moderates into the frenzied arms of the minority wackjobs).
& let's face it: Hezbollah came out the stronger in this debacle. They've rallied up support from being a minor political power to being big guns.
As to the UN being useless, well, that's the US's fault (we founded the bloody thing, & Shrub-a-roo bouncing in despite worldwide protest helped not a jot).
What a mess.
All over a patch of land barely a 100 miles in length.
What a bunch of s***heads, pardon my French. & that means both sides of the debacle.

The Intolerant One said...

KA:

"Yeesh, 2 posts I agree w/!
& me a leftie liberal!"


Miracles DO happen. Whadda ya say KA? Miracles by chance or by God? (LOL) Nevermind, I already know your answer.

"All over a patch of land barely a 100 miles in length."

As former Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu once said: (quoting from memory here)

"I don't know why they want it so bad. There is nothing but sand!"

Krystalline Apostate said...

TIO:
Miracles DO happen. Whadda ya say KA? Miracles by chance or by God?
Yeah, you know my answer. Only miracle I believe in is Miracle whip. ;)

"I don't know why they want it so bad. There is nothing but sand!"
That doesn't sound like him. I can't seem to find the quote anywhere.

The Intolerant One said...

KA:

That was him alright. As you notice I said from memory...

I was watching a documentary on the History channel re: the 6 day war shortly before the death of King Hussein of Jordan (a number of years ago). This is why you cannot find the quote. But I never forgot it.

King Hussein was also having a little chuckle about the results of the war. He commented on how he felt they (his allied armies) would bring swift defeat to Israel but instead he ended up losing 1,500kms of land.