Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Just one look (that's all it took)

I just spent the previous post defining the difference between a "Biker" and a motorcycle enthusiast or in some cases, those who are known as RUBS. (Rich Urban Bikers) I will actually give much more credit to the "enthusiast". At least they put effort into riding their motorcycles.

But this entry is actually not about taking my little potshot's at these individuals.

Nope. Today I wear my heart on my sleeve. The photo of my motorcycle in my previous post was actually taken about 2 years ago. This past Saturday evening a "solid" bro and myself were up till 4:00am giving the old girl a new paint job. Here is the end result:

IMG_6005

another angle:

IMG_5999

and one more:

IMG_6002

Not bad eh? Tribal flames done up in my club's color's. Black, yellow, and white. So why the "heart on my sleeve" statement? Well, after working on the old gal till the wee hours of the morning, after just a few hours of sleep, I was up Sunday morning heading out with the BOYZ enjoying their envious, green eyed, salivating looks of hidden jealousy.

My bike has never looked so good and I was quite pleased with how "she" turned out. But for over a year now I have been considering a change. As much as I love to ride my loud, lean, mean, and nasty machine there is one drawback. My wife cannot be with me due the small tiny, teensy weensy seat on the back and the overall narrowness of the frame. It was simply to uncomfortable for her and I missed her on the back with me.

So I prayed to God that he would help me first to sell the bike, get more then it may be worth, and set me up to purchase the next Harley (of course) without incurring any debt.

He is a good, faithful, and trustworthy God. I came home Sunday evening and placed an online ad. The next day I recieved one call from a young fella about 4 hours away from where I live. I e-mailed him some photo's. I suspect he wet himself as he showed up the next day (today) with cash in hand ready to pay full asking price. Because of high fuel prices and the fact he had to drive 4 hours here and then back I knocked off $200.00 so he could have some extra fuel money.

God answered this prayer with such smooth transition and quickness that I struggled letting her go (sniffle!) :(

...even though it was exactly what I asked Him for.

Think about it...painted Saturday, rode it Sunday, and sold it Monday! What a whirlwind. But the new bike is already lined up and has a wider frame, a much bigger and more comfortable seat, and of course a bigger LOUDER engine with sreamin' eagle pipes. (Woo Hoo!!!). I am confident in it because I rebuilt the engine on it myself. (I am buying it from another buddy).

It was hard seeing the old gal that I had invested so much time, energy, and money in, drive away for the last time. But I thanked God for helping me out and hearing the sincerity of my prayer.

Then I picked up my bike helmet and looked at the back of it....

IMG_6004

...and somehow everything seemed a whole lot better.

Until next time...

10 comments:

The Intolerant One said...

Easy bro, I am still a little verklempt.

Mandora the Explorer said...

She's a beauty - but don't worry... your new bike will be just as great (greater even, since now your wife can ride with you).

Much good wishes for a new, happy, safe biking experience. :)

SteveiT1D said...

Well, if the Harley doesn’t work out, you can always be true to your self and get on of these hogs =)

The Intolerant One said...

BF:

That looks more like what we biker's hang in tree's when they venture to close to our fun :) (evil laugh)

Officially though, I have landed another Harley. The one I spoke of in my entry. I was just out on it. Needs a little in the "cosmetic" department but boy does she go like snott!!!

I loved the ride. Who re-built that engine?

Oh yeah...I did!

PS: Been thoroughly enjoying your postings on moral relativism. Keep fighting the good fight bro.

Mandora:

Thanks for your well wishes and my wife does love it. (The new Harley that is)

Vile Blasphemer said...

Ahhhh... I can't wait to start tooling around this summer on my Harley.

/loves living in Wisconsin sooooooo close to Harley central.
//The factory tour in Wauwatosa is AWESOME

The Intolerant One said...

Alanita:

"but I can't stand the dummies that think they are invincible and risk their lives weaving in and out of traffic."

I am with ya sista! I sometimes want to get up beside's those yahoo's and kick them right off their bike's.

If I want speed I hit the highway not the streets. That is why I moved out of the big city.

Vile B.:

" I can't wait to start tooling around this summer on my Harley."

What make of Harley? (year, type, etc.) and what kind of tooling do you need to get done before you can ride the crap out of her?

"The factory tour in Wauwatosa is AWESOME"

A part of me would love to do it and the other part of me is afraid I might push some poor guy off the assembly line just so I could get my hands greasy.

Anonymous said...

where's the pics of the new bike?

The Intolerant One said...

Anonymous:

I have not taken any photo's yet. Paint wise she is not much to look at anyway.

Courtney Hamilton said...

Cor... what the hell was that bf? In London, we call them kind of bikes 'fizzies', because the high pitch fizzing noise they make, it sounds terrible, and they only do about 40 mph, top wack.

TIO,

Very nice - where I come from in south London, we call such a monster of a machine 'a tool'.

To qualify as 'a tool' the vehicle needs to have sublime design features, power beyond belief, and of course, it needs to be sexier than Kate Moss.

I think your bike qualifies as 'a tool'.

BTW, did you sell it to the guy who 'wet his pants'?

The Intolerant One said...

He didn't even haggle about the price. It was love at first sight.