Monday, May 29, 2006

A Tribute

With all the negative and continous onslaught of mankind's futile attempts at doing absolutley everything in their feeble power to try and discredit the ONE who paid the ultimate price for them.

Thru their on going and relentless pursuit of trying to dissolve anything and everything that the TRUTH of the gospel account on the life and times of Jesus Christ thru twisted and distorted versions of fictional accounts based on half baked truths to come up with "POPPYCOCK" mindless bestsellers like The Da Vinci code......

Well I have decided not to go on the full frontal assault as that simply becomes an exercise in futility. In fact, I should not even be surprised when I hear about these fictional delusions and how people are swallowing them up like dragonflies in a mosquito pond. Jesus said, and He was once again right I might add, that in latter times:

043

"For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to right teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever they want to hear. They will reject the truth and follow strange myths."
2 Timothy 4:3-4


My resolve has been strengthened not weakened. My faith continues to flourish amidst the dark times of mankind's denial. And why would it not? The Word, Jesus Christ, has spoken that these times were going to come when His return was close at hand.

So in order to hit back, Christian style, I have composed a video of the truth. It comes from my heart and is just a little gift that I offer up to God. You could say it is my "technologically advanced" Thank you card.

Because I remember Him and what He did, as well as acknowledge Him as Lord and Saviour, I know He will also remember me in His Kingdom.

It is also designed with you in mind as well. I hope, even if you do not believe, that you would still enjoy it.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

so you live in winnipeg and hang out with?????

Something to twist your Mind - maybe - you can bellyache and whine about this Davinci crap but God allowed it. Your choice is are you going to use the opportunity to share the TRUTH or complain more and therby contradict the "adage of the joy of the Lord". Your choice to do something positive is a good choice and may you continue in maintaining THE Truth that which THE man said not what "godly" or not so godly man say.

We are judged by our actions not our intentions or feelings.

The Intolerant One said...

Thank you for the comment anonymous.

I am glad you see the angle I will approach the whole "Da Vinci" thing. And I agree with your take on how we choose to deal with these events in life as they occur.

FYI: I do not live in Winnipeg! My club chapter is based out of there.

...and the people my club hangs out with are questioned even by other (well intentioned) Christians. But Jesus died for the them as well.

In fact I recall Him spending alot of time ministering to those of the "outlaw" persuasion and those in prison as well as His own band of brother's (disciples).

I am sure you get the picture of who I hang out with now. :)

Nog said...

TIO,
"My resolve has been strengthened not weakened. My faith continues to flourish amidst the dark times of mankind's denial. And why would it not? The Word, Jesus Christ, has spoken that these times were going to come when His return was close at hand."

This statement implies that there are signs that will show to ones other than "the Father" that the end is near.


MARK 13:32 (NIV)
"No one knows about the day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

From the words of Jesus Christ, only God the Father knows when the end will come. Any claim of knowledge of the end of times would contradict the spoken word of Jesus as recorded in the scriptures. If God says that no one will know, he means no one will know. I'm rather sure that he would let the angels in heaven in on his plot before he tells you.
God keeps his word, thus he isn't going to show a bunch of signs that only the faithful can see indicating the imminent arrival of the end of days if the Son hasn't been informed yet. Any assertion of knowledge regarding the timing of the Apocalypse would be heretical.

The Intolerant One said...

Nog:

I do not believe I indicated the "day nor the hour". I am in agreement with you in this respect. I am not sure how you have the impression that I am implying the timing of His arrival???

-"This statement implies that there are signs that will show to ones other than "the Father" that the end is near."

In the book of Matthew 24 the disciples asked Christ how they would know His return was near. He told them to watch for "the signs". The signs only indicate the time IS NEAR it does not reveal dates or timelines to the "others"(Christians) only that Christians who would be observant of the signs Christ spoke of would recognise that the time of the end is close. Christians would not have any knowledge of when it will actually happen.

I have the understanding that when Christ died, was ressurected, and then ascended back into heaven that it was then the "Last Days" began.

That was 2,000 years ago. As things escalate in today's world, yes, I am convinced His return is very soon. However, when I make that statement, "very soon" could can mean tommorrow, next week, next year, or maybe not for another one hundred years.

The day nor the hour I do not have knowledge of, nor do I claim too. But I watch for the "signs" that He has told us to watch for. In doing so I become more convinced that His return is alot closer at hand.

-" he isn't going to show a bunch of signs that only the faithful can see indicating the imminent arrival of the end of days if the Son hasn't been informed yet."

Matt. 24:3 (The disciples specificly ASK Jesus a very direct question)

"His disciples came to him privately and asked, "When will all this take place? And will there be any sign ahead of time to signal your return and the end of the world?"

Jesus did not respond to them by saying He had "not yet been informed by the Father".

He clearly outlined the "signs" for us to watch for in the next 47 verses following the disciples original question which is why I am rather baffled that you do not feel there are no "signs" for us to be watching for when Christ clearly taught us there were.

These "signs" are even acknowledged by non christian scholars.

But again, even when we see these "signs" begin to take place we still do not have the knowledge of WHEN His appearing will come, only that it is close.

I certainly am in full agreement that no one knows the actual day nor the hour not even the angels of heaven but only God the Father. As it is written...that day will come upon us all(believers and non believers) like a thief in the night!

Nog said...

Forgive me for failing to scour Paul's letters for a proper quote. Jesus and the Diciples told everyone to live out their daily lives. They were not to quit work or Change their behavior (keep in mind they are already good Christians). If even the approximate era were to be known, all attempts at "keeping stuff normal" would fail.

The early Christians saw Nero as "the sign" (the sum of the numeric placements of the hebrew spelling of his name equals 666). Later ones saw "the end of the first millenium" as "the sign". Billy Graham probably thinks that several things around now constitute "the sign".

It's not that damn easy. Everyone thinks the world is going to end in their lifetime but it always never does. Christ will most likely come again at exactly the moment that nobody expects him to.

The Intolerant One said...

Nog:

-" Jesus and the Diciples told everyone to live out their daily lives. They were not to quit work or Change their behavior"

Agreed. Believe me, some days I would like to just quit my job and wait for His arrival. :) But I also recall the Lord telling us to be about our Heavenly Father's business.

Because we do not know the day nor the hour we will all be surprised when He finally does come and it is better to be about our Father's buisness (sharing, witnessing, caring for others, etc.) then being completely useless by standing around saying "He will be here any minute now!". That would make us an idle busybody. Something Christians have been told to avoid.

-"It's not that damn easy. Everyone thinks the world is going to end in their lifetime but it always never does. Christ will most likely come again at exactly the moment that nobody expects him to."

I would agree that many do. Early in my Christian walk that is all I focused on and that took me away from what God really wanted me to focus on. That being, spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ to the rest of my fellowman. Giving them the opportunity to share in the gift of salvation that God has offered them thru Christ's sacrifce.

However, that does not mean I do not keep watch. We are encouraged to be alert and watchful. For example, when I read about the "physical natural" signs (by the way, there is no "one" sign but many to watch for) that are to come just ahead of His return....

such as earthquakes, hurricanes, volcanic activity, flooding, tornadoes, tsunami's, etc. We are told these things will increase in intensity and great magnitude. This has been occuring over the last 100 years at a very rapid rate.

Does this mean He is coming tommorrow? No.

I could also look at the political landscape and point out the revival of the Roman Empire (modern day European Union) and it's one world currency system which is foretold in the scriptures as something to watch for is a huge sign in and of itself I am also very aware that the scriptures teach:

"that a thousand years are but a day to the Lord" 1Peter 3:8

So just because I see things happening that have been foretold does not mean Christ will return in my lifetime. But it also does not mean He will not either. What it tells me is that it is soon.

Prophecy and the "signs" of the end of the age must have some significant importance to God. Otherwise why did the prophet's of old and Jesus Christ teach and write about them? And why did they encourage us to be watchful of these things?

I still strongly believe that the end of this age is close. Some days I feel it is going to happen in my lifetime and other days it seems so far away. The bottom line is it is close but for the human finite mind our idea of close at hand is not what God's would be.

So I will continue to be about "My Father's buisness" still paying attention to what I see and read about. And anticipating His return but not standing idley by hoping I will be picked up soon.

Should He choose to return in my lifetime I hope I am living a moment in life that He would be proud of me.

You almost bring prophecy to life when you make a statement:

-" Everyone thinks the world is going to end in their lifetime but it always never does"

Remember these words out of 2 Peter 3:3-4:


First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. They will say, "Where is this 'coming' he promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation."

Anonymous said...

Hi

Nice video. Made me for a moment realize what Jesus has done for me.

Then i went back to taking it for granted.

God bless!

The Intolerant One said...

Goosehenry:

Thanks for popping by and i am glad you enjoyed the vid.

Your comment, unfourtunatley, rings too true for all of us. Thank God for His grace!

Anonymous said...

Hi again!

I put a link to your blog on my blog... i have to check that it's ok with you?

best regards

The Intolerant One said...

Goosehenry (or I as I have now dubbed you GH):

That would be awesome dude!

Vile Blasphemer said...

"Then i went back to taking it for granted."

Yeah... this made me laugh.

Intolerant, have you been to a Sturgis rally?

The Intolerant One said...

Vile:

Been to Sturgis but not during the "Big Event". I was hoping to be there this year but it is looking more like it will be next year.

However, alot of my club brother's head down there from our Canadian Chapters and a large amount of them from our American brother's have a entire campsite as well.

DOOHHHH...talking about it make's me want to go throw caution to the wind and go now. >:(

Either way....one day, I have promised, vowed, or whatever you want to call it, that I will be there. But no later then next year.