Friday, May 19, 2006

OOPS! :(

oops

My fellow bloggin' buddies I have dropped the ball.

In my previous post I gave credit to an editorial that has been circulating for some time. Because I believed the sincerity of the intentions of those who sent it (and I bear no ill will at all towards them) I took the editorial verbatim WITHOUT FIRST DOING MY HOMEWORK! (shame on me)

"Anonymous" left a question asking for a copy or direct link to the editorial in question. I thought to myself...

"That's easy enough, I will just track it down on google!"

It turns out this editorial has been circulating everywhere on blogs (for over a year) with no viable or direct link to the Toronto Star but simply doing what I did and crediting them for the article.

After 45 minutes of intensive search I finally rooted out the source. It was in fact NOT an editorial but a letter TO the editor.

The editor in question is a man by the name of Tom Barret of the "ConservativeTruth.org" who publishes for an American Conservative weekly magazine. The letter in question is dated "March 8, 2004"

It turns out this letter has been "converted" to a Canadian version that credited the Toronto Star with the editorial. I have actually recieved this letter before in the past and it has always turned up the same. Although that is no excuse for "assuming" it's accuracy that is precisely what I did. You have my sincere apologies for misleading any of you.

For the record I still stand behind the content of the letter and will be altering my previous post so that it is more accurate in representing the real intention of the posting. That way the debate can continue for those who would like to carry on.

Now for those who truly forgive the error of my ways just write back in the comment section "YOU ROCK INTOLERANT ONE"! I will then be at peace.

Until next screw up :)...

3 comments:

The Intolerant One said...

TRY if you must. Just tell me I rock when you have completely forgiven me

....you sensitive old bear you!

Nog said...

It's like the World Health Organization "blondes are going extinct" report. The media reported it for a while until someone at the WHO realized that the WHO paper being cited didn't exist and wasn't based on valid science.
Journalists cite journalists more than real sources. And they will cite journalists who are wrong all the same. Rumors are hard to kill.

Mandora the Explorer said...

You rock Intolerent One

:)

You know you're my hero.