I have been challenged by a bloggin' buddy to step outside of my "comfort zone" and post something that is different from my usual entries.
A while ago we were in a discussion about our respective blogsites. She had informed me that she does indeed come by for a visit and had even added me to her links. So I posed the question:
"If you come by so often then how come you rarely participate in the discussion's?"
A fair question I thought to myself as I often post on controversial issue's that evoke discussion from both ends of the spectrum (that being the "left" and the "right")
Her royal highness told me (and I love her for her direct approach) that it was because I needed to do something that was "FUN!" in order for her to feel more inclined to participate.
Now in my mind I am thinking, there is nothing more fun then disecting the theory of evolution, or exposing the lunancy of the "left" (they can be a little hypersensitve at time's). Or my favourite past time, watching former Prime Minister Paul Martin say "Black" and then discover that his most recent poll indicated the people said "White". So he now says "white" only to discover the following week's poll now says "Black" again and so Paul has changed his position to....well, you get the picture. Watching Liberals in action is one endless comedy routine for me.
But, alas, I must say the Queen had got me thinking. "Fair enough", I thought to myself. Not everybody wants to respond to politics, science, and controversy. And I always enjoy a good challenge like this where I have to completely change directions. So here is my first kick at the cat at trying to be "FUN" from a different perspective. I will admit that I have stolen this idea but I enjoyed doing it on other site's and it is an opportunity to get to know some of you a little bit more. I hope you will join in!
ALL ABOUT YOU QUESTIONS: (All questions are optional. You do not have to answer the one's you are not comfortable with...chicken! :)
First the basics,
1.) Gender?
2.) height?
3.) age?
4.) hair color/length?
5.) eye color?
6.) After your basic description, name someone famous you feel you closest resemble.
7.) What made you choose that person?
8.) How would you best describe your personality? (BE HONEST! even if your known to be bitchy)
Now something more personal,
9.) What are your pet peeve's? (Mandora, you are not allowed to say the Intoloerant One!) I want to hear all of them.
10.) Tell me your most embrassing moment. (I love this part)
11.) What is something that nobody knows about you?
12.) What are you really good at?
13.) What do you suck at?
14.) What do you suck at but delude yourself and possibly other's into thinking your actually good at?
15.) Who is your favourite actor? Actress?
16.) What is your favourite movie of all time? (Your answer should be "Star Wars")
17.) What is your favourite book?
18.) What is your favourite music/artist?
19.) What is a characteristic that you love about yourself?
20.) Do you look funny when your running? :)
Something spiritual,**Note: If you are one of my atheist bloggin' buddies look at these next 2 questions like you died and found out you were wrong.
21.) If you could spend 5 minutes alone with God, what are the top three questions you would have for Him?
22.) When you think of God what comes to mind?
Something political,
23.) Depending on where you live, name one thing about your current Prime Minister/President that you admire, even if you did not vote for them.
24.) Name one thing you dislike about them.
25.) If you were in charge of your home country what would be your top five priorities upon entering office?
and finally, for my own information and just plain curiosity,
26.)Have you been to my blog before?
27.) If you have or are even a regular visitor what do you like about it?
28.) What do you dislike about it? (Please tell me it is how intolerant I am)
29.) For those who have been able to get to know just a little bit about me thru this site and maybe other threads from various site's I will open up the forum. What is the one question you have always wanted to ask me but never have? (You can have more then one should you choose)
30.) If you are a regular visitor, what keeps you coming back?
Last question,
31.) What is the one topic you would like me to post on that I have not yet written about OR a posting that I have previously done and you would like to see a follow up too?
I thank all in advance who should choose to participate. I look forward to your responses. This entry was a real challenge for me as I am completely out of my element. But I shall look forward to posting my next entry on yet another controversial topic that will stir the lulled masses of mainstream society.
Until next time...
14 comments:
1.) Female
2.) 6’2
3.) 25
4.) Brown/I had a cutting accident so it’s mostly long heehe
5.) Hazel/green
6.) Angelina Jolie pre-anorexia
7.) Because we look a like??
8.) Funny, playful, narcoleptic when bored, frustrated, giving, loving, open-minded, quiet, able to see the truth even when others don’t want to, stubborn, interested, creative
9.) People who ask for workable solutions but are unable to follow through, people who say they are going to do something and then don’t and people who are annoyed by people who ride bikes on the road. gaaaaaawd, that makes me crazy!
10.) I emailed a girlfriend of mine to tell her about a job and how to go about getting it because I had the inside track, but I also emailed 10 other people accidentally.
11.) I like finding things that are new
12.) Being me
13.) Being other people
14.) Adding really quickly without a calculator but I’m getting better, I’ve been practicing wink
15.) Well, it varies from day to week, but right now I’m in love with Michael Shanks and John Cusack
16.) Unusual suspects
17.) Red Tent, HP, Shadow of the Wind
18.) Blues, blues, blues, David Grey, and right now I lick KT Tunsall
19.) That I honestly have a look of excitement and joy when ever I see someone I know and it makes them feel special
20.) No, I look like I am doing some serious business.
21.) I wouldn’t have any, I trust in the universe
22.) I have a feeling of wonder and beauty
23.) That he looks hot in green army fatigues, that he understands and is able to decipher the international importance of leadership, and he has a decent haircut
24.) He’s unable to actually follow through with international leadership
25.) Poverty, health care, education, raising the standard of living, and international relations
26.) Yes, I normally come on Wednesdays at 2pm
27.) I like that you talk about everything and don’t cut any crap, no matter what the accepted opinions are AND that you like a good “discussion"
28.) That you don’t do enough fun posts. heehe
29.) How much do you love me?
30.) That one day you’ll announce your love for me on your blog
31.) a movie post, or a life post.
Just for the record, my next entry will be spent responding to some of your questions.
Q: Hillary being one of you fave actress's had me in stitches. Nice one :)
1.) Male
2.) 5'4
3.) 32
4.) Black
5.) Dark brown
6.) Romario
7.) I love soccer
8.) Obsessive compulsive trais with occasional narcissistiv traits (See DSM IV for definitions)
9.) Emotionally unstable people
10.) It is emabarrassing when a patientst talks to me as if I remember him/her when I actally do not
11.)I wrecked a newly rented car with Hertz's entrance door
12.) Anticipating
13.) Working post call
14.) Exercising
15.) Jack Nicholson/Reese Witherspoon
16.) The Planet of the Apes
17.) Robots of Dawn
18.) 70's
19.) Emotional stability
20.) No
21.) (Atheist) a) Why are you so mean with your creation? b)Why dont you tell humans that you are an alien? c) Which religion amuses you the most?
22.) Nothing
23.) None in Peru
24.) Corruption (applies to everyone)
25.) Education, health care, poverty, security and edication again
26.) Yes
27.) I like to see the alternative viewpoint
28.) Too much Canadian local affairs for an international blog
29.) Whys does a smart person does not accept the theory of Evolution?
30.) I like to see the alternative viewpoint
31.) Canadian geography
1. Male
2. 5'8 (174 cm)
3. 18
4. Brown w/ red tint, short
5. brown
6. ?
7. ?
8. I'm totally blunt
9. Heathens
10. When I asked my mom what "fuck" meant
11. I don't have a 4.0 GPA (everyone thinks I do)
12. Writing (especially speeches), recalling obscure facts
13. Public speaking, talking on the phone
14. Hunting
15. Arnold Sweaessdfafasdfger (I don't know how to spell his name), I don't honestly have a favorite actress
16. Goddamn right it's Star Wars! Read my profile.
17. Human Action by Ludwig von Mises
18. The Clancy Brothers (Irish drinking songs)
19. I can apologize
20. No
21. Which is the True Faith? What is "existence"? Why does the World seem inperfect?
22. An omnipotent force
23. His daughters
24. He is a liar
25. Dismantle all of the welfare programs, abolish the income tax, denationalize the currency, get rid of the central bank, abolish the death penalty
26. Yes
27. You aren't an idiot
28. It's layout
29. If you were allowed to choose your country of birth, would you even consider choosing Canada before the United States?
30. There are some interesting discussions here
31. The Canadian military topic
1.) Gender? - Female
2.) height? - 5'3"
3.) age? - 20something
4.) hair color/length? - brown/red/blond/grey, shortish (although growing rapidly)
5.) eye color? - changes depending on my mood, but usually an olive green
6.) After your basic description, name someone famous you feel you closest resemble.
-Lots of people have told me that I look like Winona Rider, but I totally don't see it... so, adno??
7.) What made you choose that person?
-Lots of people (and sometimes total strangers) tell me I look like her
8.) How would you best describe your personality? (BE HONEST! even if your known to be bitchy)
-balanced
9.) What are your pet peeve's? (Mandora, you are not allowed to say the Intoloerant One!) I want to hear all of them.
-don't flatter yourself, you're not my pet peeve! ;) In fact, I enjoy our discussions. No, my pet peeve would probably be those who just
can't open their minds or thier hearts...they make me sad and angry all at the same time.
10.) Tell me your most embrassing moment. (I love this part)
-I don't really embarass.... I can't think of one....sorry. :(
11.) What is something that nobody knows about you?
-I used to be a gymnast
12.) What are you really good at?
-cooking
13.) What do you suck at?
-construction or carpentry or just generally building or putting together anything
14.) What do you suck at but delude yourself and possibly other's into thinking your actually good at?
-well, I don't suck, but I'm not a great painter, even though I love doing it. So, I tell myself I'm better than I am in an effort to not
feel like I'm wasting time or money doing it.
15.) Who is your favourite actor? Actress?
-Cary Grant, Tony Curtis; Marilyn Monroe
16.) What is your favourite movie of all time? (Your answer should be "Star Wars")
-not star wars, under any circumstances..... prolly 'Paris when it Sizzles', 'Roman Holiday', and 'Dogma'
17.) What is your favourite book?
-all of them.... don't have a favourite, I love them all, but right now I'm reading Crime and Punishment which is amazing. I've also really
loved Clara Callan, Spadework, the poems of W.H. Auden, anything by Christopher Isherwood
18.) What is your favourite music/artist?
-old school jazz; heavy and technically stunning rock - i.e. Tool; "newschool-meets-old-school Canadian hip hop - i.e. K-OS; Women who can
belt it out - i.e. Sarah Slean, Tori Amos
19.) What is a characteristic that you love about yourself?
-my genuine ability to put others first
20.) Do you look funny when your running? :)
-probably, cause it usually means I'm being dragged by two big dogs
21.) If you could spend 5 minutes alone with God, what are the top three questions you would have for Him?
-Why did you deal women such a shit hand? (pregnancy, menstration, oppression, boobs, etc) Which parts of which religions got closest to
your plan? What's tomorrow's winning lotto number?
22.) When you think of God what comes to mind?
-Alanis Morisette in Dogma; ski-ball
23.) Depending on where you live, name one thing about your current Prime Minister/President that you admire, even if you did not vote for them.
-his unwavering conviction; his dedication to family (even if I disagree with the nature of that dedication); the fact that his hair seems
to be made out of papier mache
24.) Name one thing you dislike about them.
-the fact that he holds conservative ideals, ideals which often lead to hate and oppression
25.) If you were in charge of your home country what would be your top five priorities upon entering office?
-Separate Quebec; increase funding to students/the elderly/DESERVING Ontario Works recipients; implement government run daycare;
provide a LIVEABLE income for parents who choose to stay home and raise their children; change the flag to one of my face
26.)Have you been to my blog before?
-yes
27.) If you have or are even a regular visitor what do you like about it ?
-your frequent mentions of my name
28.) What do you dislike about it? (Please tell me it is how intolerant I am)
-how intolerant you are
29.) For those who have been able to get to know just a little bit about me thru this site and maybe other threads from various site's I will open
up the forum. What is the one question you have always wanted to ask me but never have? (You can have more then one should you choose)
-What's your first name?
-What makes your faith in God so strong?
-What do you think is the single most important trait in a human being?
30.) If you are a regular visitor, what keeps you coming back?
-your glowing personality
31.) What is the one topic you would like me to post on that I have not yet written about OR a posting that I have previously done and you would like to see a follow up too?
-your bike hobby
I'm going to answer a question of my own that would best be placed between questions eight and nine.
8.5) If you could guess what occupation you would have in Medieval Europe, what would it be?
- Grand Inquisitor
Interesting question Nog. If I look at my past lifestyle (before Christ) I most definetly would have been a pirate! (Bikers with boats!) arrrgh!!!
If I were to live in medieval Europe in my current lifestyle (post sinner, now Christian convert) I would have been helping Martin Luther reform the stench and corruption that had become the religious institution for controlling the masses. I would have become a "reformer". Bringing the true teachings of Jesus Christ (Grace, compassion, mercy, forgiveness, and love) back to mankind.
**Again a reminder to all, my next posting will address the questions you have asked of me. There may also be some comments made on some of your responses as I was amused by some of them, however I will make fun of nonone as I appreciate everybodies participation.
8.5) A dead man
8.5) Nothing, I'm a girl. And I'm also in my twenties and unmarried.... I'm toast.
Q,
I will baptize this whole thing a a "31 questions theory".I surely would love to respond to all of them.My only worry is(I may be wrong) how many of the readers here will understand when I mention the everything from the continent of Africa? My best actor for example is Mkosi wa Nule..do some engine search and let me know whether I should attempt to answer them all.Interesting
Absolutley you should answer them!
Jeff this is open to everyone regardless of where they come from or whether we know or do not know people you speak of. As you say, if we want to know who you speak of we can "google" it and educate ourselves.
The intent/purpose of this is too get to know a little bit more about one another. Please join in!
How about the condensed version in chronological order:
1.) Nothing
2.) Everything
3.) Dazed and confused LOL :)
I write that tongue in cheek of course. I believe you, and Aaron, are onto something.
It's easy enough to write about what is wrong with an ideology you do not suscribe to but it would definetley be a humbling challenge to write a piece about what is wrong with the ideology that you do support.
That is one for serious consideration.
ideal government - as small as possible, protects property rights (if nothing else can perform the function)
ideal economic system - laissez-faire capitalism
ideal role of (personal) wealth - a signal/incentive that maximizes societal progress, what wealth is is determined on a subjective basis
ldeal role of religion - depends on your religion (as long as you don't try to coercively impose your system on others)
ideal way to deal with nonconformers - tell them to buy their own nonconformance stuff, they have to acquire the means for their subsistance via voluntary exchange
ideal education - whatever the consumers want educations to be
ideal healthcare - whatever the consumers want
ideal role of property rights - a system that provides incentives for people to serve the consumers best
ideal way to manage the environment - sell it, protect the part of it that you own, buy the parts that you want to protect, feel the costs of your actions
ideal role of art - whatever the consumers want
ideal role of sports - whatever the consumers want
ideal role of cultural diversity - whatever the consumers want
In summation, let freedom work everything out
Intolerant, I left a response to your comment at the Protheism blog. Other than that... this little quiz looks fun...
1. Male
2. 6'2"
3. 35
4. Brown/business
5. Blue
6. Pfft, I don't know... Tobey McGuire, but much older.
7. Same kind of build, same kind of eyes and mouth, but better hair.
8. Driven
9. Dirty test tubes
10. I accidently caught my arm on fire during an open flame demonstration for some high school kids. I drew a blank because I freaked out (I mean, first time on fire and all) and some kid put me out with his soda.
11. I leave the bathroom door open when home alone (you figure that out).
12. Skiing
13. Playing the guitar
14. Playing the guitar
15. Marlon Brando/Anne Bancroft
16. So many to choose from... too hard
17. So many to choose from... too hard
18. So many to choose from... too hard
19. I'm athletic
20. I look like a champ
21. Though I wouldn't normally answer this, atheist me says:
1. Can I have a cookie?
2. Got any Oreos?
3. Thanks, can I have some milk too?
22. Umm... ah... The Sistine Chapel
23. USA- Bush sure has some nice, well-combed hair.
24. He's still a crass frat boy under all that preen.
25. 1. Restructured health care
2. Restructured tax system
3. Restructured K-12
4. Restructured military/industrial complex
5. Oreos for everybody.
26. Nope
27. See 26.
28. See 26.
29. Will there be Oreos?
30. See 26.
31. See 26- I don't have any idea.
Post a Comment