
He is the President of the the students union at the University of Saskatchewan.

He is also a bonafide "supporter" of religious bigtory, religious intolerance, and hatred towards all that is sacred to the Christian.
At the University of Saskatchewan is a little "rag" known as the Sheath. In recent weeks the rag mag has come under heavy scrutiny for it's tasteless and despicable cartoon portrayal of Jesus Christ.
"Oh no, not another religious cartoon uprising" you may be thinking to yourself. But hang on a moment...this is the same rag that "refused" to publish the cartoons of Mohammed, the Islamic prophet, that sent half the world into a tailspin over the last month. Apparently they wanted to respect the sensitivty of the Muslim community.
My how thoughtful. My question is did they really with hold the cartoons out of respect and tolerance for the Muslim community or was it for fear of being s**t kicked by a group of angry muslims? What happened to every publisher's famous battle cry for "freedom of speech" and "freedom of the press"?
I know the answer...they fear! They feared Muslim backlash. Why else would they choose not to publish the Mohammed cartoons and yet publish something even far more offensive about the Christian God? Because they know Christians will not proclaim "Holy Jihad!" and send in suicide bombers while rioting in the streets.
The story of the cartoon in question goes like this... a little over two weeks ago this "rag", in it's ever compassionate tolerance and respect towards the religious communities of our country, published a cartoon of Jesus Christ performing fellatio on a "captalist" pig. Mocking not only Christ but His jewish decent as well. I have seen the copy but this type of crap deserves no recognition which is why I have chosen not to publish it. Instead, you should read President Gavin's stupid response to supporting the publication of this hate literature!
So now we go back to the question, when does freedom of the press become considered "abuse" of the press for the sake of promoting hatred?
The Sheath's editor in chief Will Robbins, Production Manager Liam Richards, and Public Editor Christine Otsuka, being of sound state and mind, all approved the cartoon. In doing so the have violated section 14(1) of the Saskatchewan Human Rights Code which very clearly states:
PROHIBITONS AGAINST PUBLICATIONS
14(1) No person shall publish or display or cause or permit to be published or displayed, on any lands or premises or in a NEWSPAPER, through a television or radio broadcasting station or any other broadcasting device, or in any PRINTED MATTER OR PUBLICATION or by means of any other medium that the person owns, controls, distributes or sells, any representation, including any notice, sign, symbol, emblem, article, statement or other representation:
(a) tending or likely to tend to deprive, abridge or otherwise restrict the enjoyment by any person or class of persons, on the basis of a prohibited ground, of any right to which that person or class of persons is entitled under law; or
(b) that exposes or tends to expose to hatred, ridicules, belittles, or otherwise affronts the dignity of any person or the class of persons on the basis of a prohibited ground.
Clearly the code was violated. Yet I have very little expectation that the Saskatchewan human rights commission (SHRC) will even address the matter. It is becoming increasingly and painfully obvious by the actions of commissions across this country that they are more concerned about the "rights" of homosexuals and "free speeech" advocates that time and time again we are seeing them actually snuff out religious right's in this country. Human rights commissions are continually contravening the very code they are sworn to uphold.
To critisise Christianity is one thing even I will not take issue with from a publication perspective. But to willfully and intentionally go out of one's way to RIDCULE, BELITTLE, or otherwise because a "rag" editor feels it is his/her "right" to "freedom of the press" ends up placing one in a position of abusing their mandate by allowing them to promote hatred towards another group they deem beneath themselves.
Gavin and the group of religious bigots he stood behind should bow a knee to the God they insulted and thank Him that this "biker" was not around them when I first saw the cartoon. Although I have had time to "simma down" (and pray for them) at the moment I originally viewed the cartoon, had they been standing in the room with me, they would have been introduced to what we Christian bikers affectionatley refer to as:
FIVE FOLD MINISTRY!

Administered in love ...of course.
Until next time...
20 comments:
TIO,
Ultimate. Don't know about that. This is a very common occurance. Typically they don't see it and say that we are committing the ultimate hypocracy. Then they say we are ignorant. Then they say we are uneducated. Then we are controlled by the chruch. Then we are controlled by the press.
Q
Q:
Agreed that it is common. However my reference to "Ultimate" was in direct reference to the individuals and not "media" overall.
I was demonstrating their hypocrisy by exposing their reluctance to display carictures of the prophet Mohammed ( which in my view pale in comparision to the vulgar extent they went too regarding the Christ cartoon) as a an act of displaying their supposed respect towards what is offensive to one group and yet do not blink an eye when it comes to absolute, intentional, belittlement of another group's God by degrading Him in such a vulgar manner.
Often we find University campus's across North America flapping their self righteous gums about "acceptance of diversity" and how we need to be respectful and "TOLERANT" of other's beliefs and views.
Obviously, in this case, all their education has come to nothing. They have displayed, by their own choosing, that they are too stupid to comprehend the meaning of the word (tolerance, that is)
Unbelievable...hypocrisy at it's 'finest'
this is interesting...
http://waywarddocuments.blogspot.com/
Alanita:
First let me say that I am glad to see you back! I was tired of seeing George W. flippin' me the bird for the last month at your site LOL. I had a good chuckle when you said:
"Wow....a little five fold ministry, eh?"
I noticed you ended your sentence with EH!. You sound very Canadian ...eh? (giggle)
As for the rest regarding the difference between "five fold ministry" and "five finger discount" (I had almost forgot about that phrase) I got your point.
So I went to my trusty Bible and discovered in the ten commandments that "thou shalt not steal". Therefore we must eliminate any "five finger" discounting, even when administered in love. Stealing is a no-no!
However I was hard pressed to find a commandment that said "thou shalt not punch a moron in the mouth real hard when he speaks stupidity" :)
I say this in jest of course, I must say I was expressing how in my imperfections, still living in a human body, I would still be tempted to deliver my own brand of justice.
Would God approve? Probably not. But it sure would feel good for a moment.
Actually God is quite large and does not need little ole' me to defend His honor. That day will come soon enough when those who maligned him will answer to Him.
Where have you been anyway? And how is your "new" nepwhew? Healthy I hope.
Wow Aaron, good for you. :) Honest dialogue is something the world genuinly needs more of. And my good friend intolerant is oh so very good at having a dialogue. :)
*<*<*<*<*jedi mind tricks*>*>*>*
ooga booga.
Aaron:
Your flattery will get you everywhere.
I will be in touch :)
Mandora:
"Let go of your hate! I can feel the good in you. Come back to the good side of the force" LOL
1)
"Respect" currently defined as "the refusal to in any manner disagree, critique, or logically refute another"
2)
The devil on my shoulder says: Print the Mohammed cartoons in every paper possible and offer as many of the periodicals as you can to the saracens. If the Saracens try to hurt you, vaporize Mecca and Media.
I find it most disrespectful that the saracens kill people for converting to Christianity (a much better faith than Islam I might add). I find it most disrespectful that the saracens are attempting to tell me what I can or cannot read. I just find the existence of the saracens to be offensive.
Totally Unrelated:
Am I the only person located south of L30 North on these blogs? Is there even anyone south of L40 North around?
I think I'm the only real Texan around who has a blog.
Nog:
My understanding is that our anonymous vistor who goes by the name of "Q" is also a Texan.
Although not as far south, one of my bloggin buddy links "Protheism" is from California.
Speaking of which, Nog, I like your style so with your permission I would like to link you to my site as well.
I know I can just go ahead and do it but I like to ask out of courtesy.
Nog,
Back off boy or I'll thump your pencil neck ass with my shit kickers. Got a gun in a rack in the back window of my truck. Shoot the shit out stuff I don't like - cyotes, dumb ass deer, rattlers. Drink Lone Star when I can, Pearl when I have to. Know what it means to worm a cow. Know how it feels to be kicked by a cow, know how it feels to kick a cow.
Q
Fredericksburg, Texas
Nog,
You ain't trying to say Houston is part of The Great State of Texas are you? I bet you weren't even born in Houston. Right? It used to be Texas back when people called it Yewston, but now its full of people from Deetroit, Shittsburg, New Yank city and places like thaayat.
Q
1)
Anyone can link to my site.
2)
I was born in Midland, Texas to God-fearing Southern parents. It is true that most "Houstonians" aren't "Texans". I can attest to my "Texanness" by virtue of my frequent visits to my family ranch where my father and brothers kill hogs with our Winchester model 1894 (when we aren't using our AR-15).
My standard vocal greeting is "howdy" and I use "Y'all" in regular speech as a second person nominative pronoun.
I have relatives with the middle name "Lee".
My stepmother's family is even more Texan. They have ancestors whose tombstones say "Born in the Republic of Texas".
3)
California is "The North 2.0".
4)
The Bushes are not "from Texas"; they are "carpet baggers" (an archaic pejoritave term for Northerners in the South).
5)
The only people who can whip Texans are other Texans.
6)
Don't tell anyone, but I don't own a pair of Cowboy boots that fit and my paternal great-grandfather was born in Canada (no offense).
And, although other Texans regard my accent as comparatively neutral (neutral in the United States is the Midwestern United States dialect, anyone from North of the Mason-Dixon line knows damn well where I'm from. I must concede that all the fools in this town are slowly ruining me.
Nog,
I don't have a blog. I just haunt them. I lived in Andrews for 10 years. Seminole for 2.
I consider W to be a Texan.
Anyway, you aren't the only Texas here...
Q
The criticism of religion and the criticism of Christianity and the Christians does not need to be insulting. Even the criticism of violence does not need to be insulting. I know nothing about the guy you mention, but, according to what you say, seems to be guided by pernicious passion.
Q:
Good to see you created a site. I would like to link you to mine as well.
Nog:
Thanks for the confirmation on the link. However, (I may get tag teamed by you and Q) but I would suggest an Albertan (our Canadian cowboy's) would easily wipe the nose of a Texas cowboy.
They are not allowed to have guns in Canada so they have learned to be quite quick on the "fist" draw! :)
Dr. Marco:
I agree with your assement with the insulting criticism of "any" religion. As a Christian I have no problem with questions/criticisms regarding my faith provided they are within the parameters of civil, sincerety.
I think that your blog is a prime example of the maturity factor that many lack when "supposedly" criticising one's faith.
Even though I have disagreed with you on a number of occasions your "criticisms" have been fair and responsible. Not insulting or degrading.
How many Christians like myself would link an atheist/evolutionist to their site? It is because when one can disagree with respectful arguement/debate all things aside they can still exist without begrudging the other.
I would like to see more of this type of respectful maturity within our youth instead of the usual banter of telling everyone they need to practise more "tolerance" while verbally bashing all those they disagree with or whom disagree with them.
"more snow, uh!!!"
Now that you are moving closer to Cnanada it will have to sound more like:
"more snow...EH!" LOL
Thank you for the link. I have been considering yours as well (with your permission).
If you have time in your busy schedule please join in my "fun" blog. I have been enjoying getting to know all the little quirks of my fellow bloggers.
By the way do not worry about too much snow...global warming has it's postive's :)
-the intolerant one
We have Chuck Norris. You can't win.
Oh yeah....well,...ahh shoot. UNCLE!
I forgot about them Texas Rangers.
Even "IF" I could kick Chuck's ass I don't think I would. I loved all his movies. Even the bad ones.
I would just let him kick the crap out of me just so I could brag to my friends later that Chuck Norris kicked my ass. LOL!
I must confess that those Mounties are quite intimidating. I've been told that they are "Canada's FBI". Is this true in any way?
No. They are about the equalivent of a state trooper only on a national scale.
Canadian Secret Intelligence Service (CSIS) would be like your FBI.
Post a Comment