Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Way out in "LEFT" field

leftfield


In retrospect of my previous but most recent entry regarding "Left" wing ideology and the implications of re-defining terminology, I must say that for the most part the response I recieved from the "Left" wing pundits was expected and predictable.

I will add, to be fair, that there were some who displayed respectable maturity in their responses regardless of their disagreemet of the said topic. To them, some of the following may (or may not) even apply. I was pleasantly surprised to see some of those on the "Left" eager to discuss and debate these hot button issue's without resorting to school level name calling and swearing tirades. They have earned my respect as an "Admirable Adversary".

To the rest of the "Left" wing band of screamin' banshee's who decided to join in to the arena of discussion and debate, thanks for contributing your rants that had absolutley nothing to do with the post. If it is one thing that I can always count on when it comes to the "Left" and debate and that is their predictability.

One does not need to be a prophet in order to accurately determine the outcome of any discussion with them. What it always boil's down to is this...

When the topic is irrefutable they resort to the only strategy they know, (which does not amount to much) that being:

First, attack with strong word's/names that will instill guilt into the "Righty" so that he/she feels shameful and terrible for having the capability to think for themselves and offer up an opposing view. A "Righty" should never be allowed to have a differing view from the "Left" without feeling like they are some religously, homophobic, bigoted, racist. Even if the "Righty" just happens to be a black, gay, atheist, conservative.

(For those who are still convinced that there are no gay conservatives you may want to "stop in and say hello to my fellow conservative comrade and blogger." It would be rather obvious on which areas we would disagree on but this may shed a little bit of light for the "Left's" delusion that ALL homosexuals hold to leftist views.) "There is even American organisations as well! Gasp!" Anyways, back to the list.

second, if this does not work, attempt to derail and divert the topic to something else that has nothing at all to do with the topic at hand. This way the "Lefty" can now control the debate and bring it down to a level that they can understand and provide something that, well sort of, almost sounds intelligent. If the "Righty" actually falls for this tactic but the "Lefty" now finds him/herself being defeated by their very own argument then they must resort to talking circles. Example: (Lefty speaking)

"Well, no, that was not exactly my point, my point is, and our polling numbers show, that...well...uhmmm....well you know exactly what I mean. You know what? YOUR JUST A BIG RACIST, INTOLERANT, DIGRESSING, BIGOTED, HOMOPHOBE!!!!"

Another term for this type of "Lefty" circle talk is called Liberalspeak!. When they have nothing better or intelligent to say they just say anything. Which essentially is nothing!

Thirdly, If both steps one and two fail, they resort to what "Lefty's" do best. Rant, rave, swear, and call the "Righty" a bunch of ugly names while mentioning how unintelligent he/she sounds. It's rather entertaining at this point as they do not even see the irony of their own behaviour.

Ahhhh yes and number four is a personal favourite of mine. A "left" strategy that can sometimes get me in stitches because they think this (ahem, cough, gag) tactic is somehow effective. That strategy is the ever famous "Let's attack their religious beliefs and tell them how intolerant they are!!!" Naturally, they once again fail to see the irony of their own intolerance.

The above was par for the course in my June 4th entry. I wrote about the dangers of re-defining terminology. Actually I wrote about it last year as well with a complete "forecast" on the serious implications that re-defining marriage would have. That of course being that once you accomodate one group for the sake of their "sexual freedoms and RIGHTS" that other's (read: pedophiles, polyigamists, beastalists, etc.) would use the same claim to their own sexual freedoms and rights. The proverbial pandora's box has been opened.

Naturally many from the "Left" could not absorb the content of the article because they are too quick to rant and too slow to think straight.

First I was accused of homophobia. (Big yawn) Yeah sorry guys...you know I have got to remember to tell my gay friends that I live in fear of them. Of course when this tactic did not work I was then accused of Linking homosexuality too pedophilia. Yet when I challenged the "commentor" to show me just one line in the article where I linked the two, well, lo and behold they just disappeared.

Number two tactic then kicked in where another "one time comment wonder" stopped in to throw a bone at evolution. Huh? Your mad at the topic, you have no rebuttal, so let's talk about a myth so full of hole's it makes a fishing net look like a solid substance. This, of course, was not allowed to go nowhere so we then proceeded to step three....

Name calling. The "Left" could not successfully rebutt said topic sooooo....now they were so mad that by calling me a few harsh names this was somehow going to bring me to the point of saying "Uncle". Rrrriiiiiigggghhhhhtttt!

In fact I even recieved an e-mail thru my "Profile" contact link from someone blabbering on about how proud they were of Canada's mosiac culture (I have no idea what this had to do with the article but for sake of arguement I would respond that this is the reason we also have no national identity), that I was a racist??? (Even though there is not one mention of anything "racial" in the article. This "white trash" better also remember to tell his first nation's aboriginal wife and kids that he is a racist as well as a homophobe now.) and to finish it all off I was called an ignorant SOB. Siigggghhhhh...another angry rant that successfully managed to address nothing.

And then finally, my moral view was called into question because my faith in God was the underlying foundation to my social views. Duh! Apparently moral views are not allowed to apply where one has a belief in a deity. My goodness, how tolerant of the "Left". What was really bizarre about it all is the "Left" will often command that one leave their faith out of a debate. Which to my own credit I actually did. Nowhere in the article was my faith or any religion once brought into the entry. It was clearly targeted at political ideology and the train wreck of over used and abused cliches like the term "Rights".

So what did the "Left" do? The one thing they often tell me not to do. They brought my faith into the subject. (See, I told you they cannot make up their minds) What they forget in all of this is that they too hold moral values and social views and those values and views were influenced by something or someone as well. But in their cess pool of arrogance they feel their "beliefs" are the moral highground. Funny, that is the very self righteousness that they accuse the "Right" of.

As I pondered the past few weeks of the entry/comments and questioned why the discussion went everywhere except where it should have gone, that being, some acknowledgement from the "Left" that re-defining marraige is already turning out to be a bad idea with some very negative social implications, it was the words of Jack Nicholson that came to mind as I envisioned him bellowing out at the "Left"...

JackNicholson "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"


Your RIGHT Jack, they can't.

Until next time...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am still reading the 66 comments that I think stirred up everything on what you are writting about here.I believe it has been a helluva trying to keep up with such an interesting debate if not dialogue of our times.Being able to predict is one damn good thing.However,I think listening to each other,putting no faces and calling each other no names qualifies everybody for what is called "civilization".I will write something when I finish reading all that was said before.

Anonymous said...

I am afraid that everything you said goes for both sides who both adopt all the tactics you mentioned. If i can add another comparison, the left tend to think of themselves as 'intellectual' and can adopt a very patronising tone while the right tend to go for the 'hardman' style and can appear very aggressive. Personally, i think anyone with a degree of intelligence can treat all these kind of people with the contempt they deserve and ignore them.
If all those things make you right wing truth seeker, then I must be considered so left that i have fell off the edge! You really think to hell with repartitions for slaves and giving land back? I would like to hear your reasoning for that view on your blog some time truth teller.

The Intolerant One said...

Truth seeker:

" you did use a lot of labels for the left in general."

Indeed I did BUT are any of them refutable?

" the far-right usually resorts to similar tactics as the left that are uncivil, illogical, and emotional."

DO NOT!!! :) sorry...just me displaying my childish side.

The Intolerant One said...

Jeff:

Your are right there was definetley alot to be said. I will look forward to your input.

The Intolerant One said...

Lucy:

I am glad to see you continue to contribute. I welcome you back again. If you continue to be a regular I will stop welcoming you, just know that you are.

Your "Left" input is good for discussion.

"I am afraid that everything you said goes for both sides who both adopt all the tactics you mentioned"

WE DO NOT!!! Doh! There I go being childish again. Actually I do agree but these tend to be the indviduals who cannot "reason" or "consider" a different perspective.

One does not neccessarily have to agree with the other to be considered reasonable but I think mature dialogue should consist of conceding where a good or irrefutable point has been made, backing up the one's you stand by, and staying true to your morals.

" If i can add another comparison, the left tend to think of themselves as 'intellectual' and can adopt a very patronising tone"

Agreed. I would say you have given a very fair observation of those of your idelogical persuasion. Your "intellectual" statement , I feel, falls in line with the terms I used in the previous article, (Progressive forward thinker's), which I believe gives way to the patronising tone we often hear. If one is actually convinced of their intellect they tend to become arrogant, proud, and condescending with those who disagree with them.

" while the right tend to go for the 'hardman' style and can appear very aggressive."

I would agree from an American standpoint. You are once again accurate in this assement BUT when it comes to the wimpy "politically correct" (puke, gag) climate up here in Canada I could only WISH our conservatives had bigger gonads.

Although they are starting to show signs of life these days in the last decade everytime someone from the "Left" hurled an accusation at them (even if it was false) they automatically went into apology mode and back pedaled.

It was really irritating to watch. Especially since I am not one who will apologise for my beliefs. Whether they be political, ecomonic, social, moral, or spiritual.

Anonymous said...

I did keep an eye on your last posting but I really did not want to get drawn into a religious debate, i will keep that powder dry until it is the topic.
I agree that if someone of an opposite persuasion says something that makes me think, then i will admit it is a good point as i will point out if i disagree but i always try to give a reason for disagreeing rather then just rant and rave how they are wrong. I like to hear people criticising my view, i always hope to see an argument that makes me stop dead in my lefty tracks.
You can just assume that i am lurking even if i am not commenting, waiting to pick my time to join in.

Nog said...

TIO,

Why are you still attached to the left-right paradigm? It doesn't work.

Anonymous said...

I disagree nog, i think the left-right paradigm is quite accurate, It's the ying yang, chalk and cheese thing. Sums up the opposite political views quite well i think with the centre..well, in the centre.

The Intolerant One said...

Nog:

I too would disagree. The center is for "Fence sitter's". Their the one's politicians cater to the most in hopes of swaying a vote.

I find they are easily influenced and are not even sure what they really believe in or where they stand on important issues.

Dare I say they are "weak" minded. By that I do not mean stupid.

Although I am taking the following scripture verse out of context, the center reminds me of James 1:6

" ...he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind."

They really have no foundation, which would render them silent on the debate front.

Anonymous said...

For two opposites TIO, we seem to agree on lots. I really must re-read my Communist Manifesto because i am doing something wrong here!!

The Intolerant One said...

Lucy:

"For two opposites TIO, we seem to agree on lots."

Actually you are just agreeing with me! (LOL) just taunting you a little.

It would be an amazing feat to actually view this in the political realm.

" ...because i am doing something wrong here!!

Your "Left". That is to be expected! LOL. My goal of course as a "Right" winger is to corrupt you to the dark side of the force thru logic and common sense.

In sincerity, It is always refreshing when opposites can find the common ground without compromising their values.

Although you are not the only "Left" winger I have experienced who is more into the intellectual and mature debate you are one of the few. I value that in a person regardless of their political ideologies and beliefs. (even if they are misconstrued) :)