Monday, February 20, 2006

NOW it's personal!

**DISCLAIMER: What you are about to read is directed at "Radical, militant, extremist", Islam and is not intended to offend those Muslims of Canada or any nation for that matter who practise their faith in peace.



io26

In recent weeks I have been involved in various blog discussions regarding the Muslim upheaval and rioting due to the cartoon carictures of their prophet Mohammed and how the images of him in media has deeply offended and insulted them.

When the riots first began my original take on the matter was, although I in no way condoned their actions, I understood the insult and offence they had taken. Speaking as a Christian, on a continous basis I have to endure people constantly "daming God" and "cursing Christ" in their everyday spoken language. (Funny how they don't believe in Him and yet they talk about Him all the time!) I have also had to witness a society that has painted portrait's of Christ in a jar of urine, Mary (His mother) feeding Him feces, Jesus giving fellatio to the disciples, and all kinds of other blasphemous vile crap that the world want's to call art. It is nothing short of garbage.

Yet thru all this, as angry as this has made me, I remember what my God has said:

" I will take vengeance on my adversaries and repay those who hate me."

Deuteronomy 32:41

It is not my job to defend God. It is my job to honor Him before man and bring His message of hope to the world. For those who refuse and continue to live in wickedness and rebellion to Him, well, they have made their choice and God will deal with them.

Needless to say I can relate to the offense and insult that Muslims have felt with regards to their faith. Yet somehow Islam is convinced that they must defend their god. Is he not big enough to do that himself? At first I believed this truly was about insult but as the weeks have gone by the violence has continued and spilled over into other countries. I am no longer convinced that this is a statement of offence in as so much that it is now a chance of "oppurtunism" to USE this scenario to further the eradication of the "Infidel".

On Saturday February 18, 2006 in Nigeria, Muslims pillaged, plundered, and killed 15 of my brother's and sister's in Christ while burning 13 churches to the ground. Why? Because of the cartoon's, they claim.

WHAT DID CHRISTIANS IN NIGERIA HAVE TO DO WITH DANISH CARTOONS AND FREEDOM OF THE PRESS? What did THEY specifcally do to provoke this insanity?

You (Muslims) have the audacity to call "others" son's of the devil? You hypocrites! You behave and treat God's creation just like the devil himself would.



image1330032g

And what is your rationale? You say that you are outraged? Because of cartoons you have turned the world upside down...because "you are outraged!" You dance around this planet "claiming" to be the religion of peace and tolerance while all you bring to this world is death, mayhem, and destruction.

If you are such a loving, peacful, religion then where was your outrage when:

- Muslims flew commercial airliners into buildings in New York City.

- Muslim officials blocked the exit where school girls were trying to escape a burning building because their faces were exposed.

- Muslims cut off the heads of three teen aged girls on their way to school in Indonesia. A Christian school by the way.

- Muslims murdered teachers trying to teach Muslim children in Iraq.

- Muslims murdered over 80 tourists with car bombs outside cafes and hotels in Egypt.

- A Muslim attacked a missionary children's school in India. Killing six innocent people.

- Muslims slaughtered hundreds of children and teachers in Beslan, Russia. Where the children were shot in the back! (You punk a** cowards)

- Let's go way back. Muslims kidnapped and killed athletes at the Munich Summer Olympics.

- Muslims fired a rocket-propelled grenades into schools full of children in Israel.

- Muslims murdered more than 50 commuters in attacks on London subways and busses. Where over 700 were injured.

- Muslims massacred dozens of innocents at a Passover Seder.

- Muslims murdered (again, in cold blood) innocent vacationers in Bali.

- Muslim newspapers publish anti-Semitic cartoons.


- Muslims are involved, on one side or the other, in almost every one of the 125+ shooting wars around the world.

- Muslims beat the charred bodies of Western civilians with their shoes, then hung them from a bridge.

Where then, oh great purveyors of "tolerance and peace", was your OUTRAGE?

I no longer believe the world is fooled by your mask. Your intentions have been exposed for what they truly are.

Until next time...

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

About time someone in Canada didn't take the politically correct position on this topic. The media is pathetic and is terrified of offending anyone other than Christians. It was a cartoon! Get over it. If this is all it takes to be outraged and start killing people, I have a lot of catching up to do!

The Intolerant One said...

dbw:

"About time someone in Canada didn't take the politically correct position on this topic."

Political correction is for the weak. They have no intestinal fortitude regarding any issue.

Thanks for stopping by. Come again.

rabsteen said...

i think you are certainly correct to be outraged by such behaviors. however, i think we can evaluate their actions on the basis of them being individuals rather than belonging to a particular religious group. we all have our own beliefs, and a positive way of accepting that is by removing beliefs as means of identifying motivations. clearly, these acts can be understood outside of any talk of religion, i.e. this cartoon issue can be addressed simply as a matter of free speech. so if we were to imagine these incidents without religion it would look something like this;

there are those groups of people who are in favour of free speech, i.e. will allow the publishing of certain materials, and there are those who are opposed to free speech and will act in such a way as to forcefully represent their position. so the pivotal question is how do we view free speech. in democracies, free speech is an irremovable component of society. in theocracies, free speech is absent. so how we understand this situation is affected by where we come from, which must be kept in mind. for me, i support free speech which means that I must support the right of these publishers to publish these cartoons, precisely because i DO NOT agree with it. the best test of the support for free speech is to support something that you disagree with, because it's really easy to support free speech when you agree with something, but much less so when you don't.

violence is never an acceptable solution to resolving problems. therefore we should condem the actions of the groups responsible for violence.

so, i think this issue becomes clear without resorting to the religious divide.

Mandora the Explorer said...

While I don't agree with the actions taken by radical muslims (violence is ALWAYS the wrong answer, period) I DO see why these things are happening.

Muslims are this centuries Jews. And I mean no disrespect by it, but if we look at the climate that started WWII, the similarities are striking. People in the west are looking for scapegoats to explain why the world is going to shit - it's easy to find an already identified group of people (who, btw, express their hatred of everything western...how convenient!) and blame everything on them. The same thing happened it WWII - why did Germany loose WWI? Must have been the abundance of Jews! Of course it had nothing to do with how the country was being run, their tactical decisions, etc.... nope. Jews.

I would however, draw your attention to ALL of the atrocities that have happened in the last 50 years at the hands of NON muslims... the list is considerably longer. Or men (MUCH more violent than women on the whole) Or western corporations, etc. etc. We can always find a way to say that it's someone elses fault.

Extremism in any form is dangerous, because it always results in violence. However, to say that muslims are any different than any other persecuted group (which the ARE - we have to face that...) is nonsense. Look at history, it's full of groups who have been oppressed. The muslims are just a damn sight more organized to fight back than were the Jews in WWII Germany.

The Intolerant One said...

Rabsteen:

First I must say your response is longer then most of your blog entries! :)))LOL

" i think we can evaluate their actions on the basis of them being individuals rather than belonging to a particular religious group"

I agree. This was the reason I inserted the disclaimer at the begining of the entry. I am aware that there are many "peaceful" Muslims who, although deeply offended by these cartoons, are condemining the action's of the more extreme militant factions. It was the "militant" that I was targeting, not Islam overall. I do understand this aspect as I am also aware that there are those who "claim" to be Christians and are everything but...

With regards to the whole free speech aspect of it I do not know where I would be placed in this area. I agree on the one hand that theocracy can limit one's speech and yet on the other hand "free speech", in many instances, is no longer responsible in it's statments. No boundaries, no limits, leads to chaos in every sense of the word.

It would appear that more and more these days there is such a lack of respect for other's considerations and that "things" are being said for the sole intent of provocation.

Example: If someone disagrees with my belief that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. By all means disagree. Feel "free" to write an article and publish why you disagree. Even I would support that type of free speech. That is their right to express their opinions and views without fear of reprcussion.

But if the individual wrote stuff about my God that was just plain ignorant and making derugatory remarks about my God that were uncalled for then I believe there has to be line drawn somewhere.

Exercising your “right” to disagree is certainly agreeable. Insulting and degrading one’s God “just because” it is your “right” lacks repsponsibility. Do you understand the difference I am trying to point here?

People are not saying "stuff" because they have a valid point to make they are saying it because they can and many want to provoke.

Mandora:

My commie friend (OK, I am joking, don't bite my head off I was just exercising my "right to freedom of speech")LOL

What can I say to my fave lefty. I disagree with alot of what you say and I have no time left to respond....yet!

But I'll be back.

The Intolerant One said...

Mandora:

Sorry for the delay. Life got busy.

"While I don't agree with the actions taken by radical muslims (violence is ALWAYS the wrong answer, period) I DO see why these things are happening."

I think both you and I found some common ground here over at "Pourqois Pas" where I stated similiar sentiments. As a man of faith I can sympathise with the insult itself and how offensive it can be when people who do not share the same belief as you display no respect for it either. But the violent reactions are not only out of hand they do not accomplish anything positive or productive.

"Muslims are this centuries Jews."

I read your reasons as to why you believe this and although you make some interesting arguements I cannot agree. The Jewish people did nothing to invite the treatment they recieved at the hands of Hitler. They simply existed in a country under a man who had a very deep seated hatred for them.

The "militant" Muslim on the other hand is not living life peacefully but constantly warring with one another (Iran/Iraq for example) and with others who "do not fall into line" with them. They share in the same deep rooted hatred for the Jews as well. They have one goal. It was the same as Hitler's...to drive the Jews out of Isreal and into the sea. Their object is complete annhilation of the Jewish people.


If you want to make comparisons I would say they are more comparable to the Nazi's and nowhere near the Jews.

" However, to say that muslims are any different than any other persecuted group"

To some degree they are. If you want to bring history into the matter often Muslims were the provokers during times of peace. In many (I am not saying all) cases they bring the situations on themselves by picking "fights" they would have been better off leaving alone.

Mandora the Explorer said...

"I read your reasons as to why you believe this and although you make some interesting arguements I cannot agree. The Jewish people did nothing to invite the treatment they recieved at the hands of Hitler. They simply existed in a country under a man who had a very deep seated hatred for them.

The "militant" Muslim on the other hand is not living life peacefully but constantly warring with one another (Iran/Iraq for example) and with others who "do not fall into line" with them. They share in the same deep rooted hatred for the Jews as well. They have one goal. It was the same as Hitler's...to drive the Jews out of Isreal and into the sea. Their object is complete annhilation of the Jewish people."


I can't agree here. The FEW radical muslims are reacting to what they see as a threat to their way of life (us in the west). The rest of the world's muslim population (or Arab population in general, for that matter) are being persecuted for what these few people did. I don't think that MUSLIMS bring on the violence against themselves...this is a dangerous dangerous road to go down. Does not the historical hatred of jews stem from the whole killing of Christ thing? Did THEY bring it on themselves? I doubt you would argue that we should hold all Jews responsible for that. White settlers did horrible things to the aboriginal peoples of Canada, should we all be held responisble for that?

The problem that I have is that there is a racist ideology underpinning much of western thought right now that 'muslim' = radical = terrorist. This is nonsense. Muslims are no more terrorists, on the whole, than Christians, Jews, Hindus, etc. Wherever you go in the world you'll find someone saying that 'the others' are the terrorists. In muslim countries, we're the terrorists, and they're reacting to our actions. Here, they're the terrorists. No one says 'hey, we're the problem!' That's what I'm saying.... this whole thing is relative. I would argue that we are just as much at fault for provoking and 'picking fights' as anyone else. No one is right, it's the nature of human beings to think that your own cause is the right one. To say that ANY cause is right is nonsense, because who decides?.

Conversly, I know you're going to say 'but Mandora, I'm directing this at RADICAL muslims, not the muslim population in general'. Oki doki, then why don't you write one about Christian fundamentalists that kill gay people & kill abortion doctors, Jewish/Isreali militants killing innocents in Palestine/Palestinian militants killing innocents in Isreal, Large agricultural corporations poisoning their workers with pesticides, the genocides of thousands and thousands in Africa, the persecution of Tibetans by the Chinese government, the killing of innocent Iraqi's at the hands of US soldiers..... all of these are violent actions that we should be equally as outraged about. Why did you choose to focus on muslims? Because they're the scapegoat right now. Like the Jews were mid-twentieth century.

The Intolerant One said...

Mandora:

"I can't agree here."

I knew it!

"The FEW radical muslims"

A FEW? They are in the millions! Yes the radical militants.

" The rest of the world's muslim population (or Arab population in general, for that matter) are being persecuted for what these few people did."

I am not agreeing/disagreeing but how so? What I mean is in Canada for example we are not shipping them off to Canadian concentration camps and isolating them because of the actions of the others. Neither is the US for that matter. Who is perscuting them because of the recent riots? Where is this happening? The rioting all started over cartoons correct? I recall when the planes hit the buildings we were being told to be even more tolerant of the muslim faith. It was George W.Bush who said that by the way.

"Does not the historical hatred of jews stem from the whole killing of Christ thing?"

No. The Isrealites (the Jewish, or God's chosen) have been persecuted long before the time of Christ. The treatment of the Isrealite's in Egypt(during the reign of Ramses) was a prime example of this. Historically they have always been under constant persecution. Often you find the reason's behind the constant persecution has been the jealously of the other nations over the constant success's of the jewish people. Even in slavery these people thrive and prosper. In today's day, under intense threat of terroist bombings at any moment, they still have a very prosperous Nation.

After Christ, yes there were time's of persecution for the reasons you say but their persecution did not stem from it. Many "claimed" to be Christians in order to kill the Jews and used the crucifixion as a platform. However, this was not endorsed by true Christendom. How could it be? Some of the greatest Christian men of New Testament times were Jewish themselves (Paul, Peter, James, etc.) This was done by the Roman Governments organised and controlled religious factions. They wore the cross they did not honor it. Look at the history of the Roman Catholic Church and you will understand better where I am going with that.

" White settlers did horrible things to the aboriginal peoples of Canada, should we all be held responisble for that?"

I am white married to an aboriginal and although I agree with your point that we should not ALL be held accountable we still are anyways. The difference in my entry is I am not asking for ALL Muslims to be held accountable.

"The problem that I have is that there is a racist ideology underpinning much of western thought right now that 'muslim' = radical = terrorist."

It's not racial, it is ideological. I have many Aboriginal issue's. Does that make me a racist? As I just told you I am married to one. The answer is obvious. Whether the "slurs" come from the east or the west there is no racial overtones at all. They have to do with different Ideologies! Theocracy versus Capitalism.

"Muslims are no more terrorists, on the whole, than Christians, Jews, Hindus, etc"

Because this entry had to do with the "radical" faction then I would need some clarity here. If when you say Muslims and IF you are referring to the radical extremists that I was targeting then I would say "you are deluded" (respectfully of course) If when you say Muslims and make reference to the peaceful factions, like within our own nation then on that note I agree. Radicals, however, are definetly terrorists.

" In muslim countries, we're the terrorists, and they're reacting to our actions."

Really? I do not recall Americans, Canadians, white, black, yellow, Christian's, Jews, Buddhists or otherwise waltzing into their market squares or hopping on their buses and blowing themselves up. Nor do I see them flying planes into their buildings unprovoked all because they the west does not agree with theocracy.

" I would argue that we are just as much at fault for provoking and 'picking fights' as anyone else."

Sometimes. But acts of terrorism unprovokd on a Nation because you disagree with their ideologies puts "them" at fault. As my entry stated regarding the Nigerian Christians. What did they do to deserve the slaughter they recieved? They had nothing at all to do with cartoons published in another country. Muslim extermists ARE responsible. The whole thing is NOT relative. Put the blame where it belongs.

" No one is right"

If that is the case then there is no justification required for war or acts of terrorism. What do we need NATO or the United Nations for. If nobody is right then let's throw rule of law to the wind until we have completely annhilated one another. This is the whole problem with "relativism". In order for there to be any kind of "order" there HAS to be structure in place that defines right and wrong. Example: Terrorism = Wrong! You want to run around the planet committing acts of terrorism then we go to war.

"Conversly, I know you're going to say 'but Mandora, I'm directing this at RADICAL muslims, not the muslim population in general'"

I am glad you can see what angle I write from and have given me one less item to respond too.

"why don't you write one about Christian fundamentalists that kill gay people & kill abortion doctors"

Because Christian Fundamentalists do not kill gay people or abortionists. I should know, I am by definition of the word, a Christian fundamentalist. First and most important you must recognise the people in question ARE NOT CHRISTIANS! Secondly, alot of the gay bashing headlines we read about are from testerone filled "Juice Monkey" jocks who want to go out for a "night of fun" and beat the heck out of some poor gay guy "just because" he is gay. It has nothing to do with religion. However, go to the middle east and you will find them (homosexuals) left for dead in the streets while the authority's and their own families turn a blind eye. The call them "honor" killings. If you are looking for religious "gay bashing" look once again to Islam. Even many of the shootings that we see regarding abortionists have come from a single individual wacko not a "group" of fundamentalists.

Now I do not want to minimise these acts of aggression but it is important to point out that they are isolated incidents as opposed to millions of "radical" muslims who actually voice their support for one of their spineless, cowardly suicide bombers who just took out 50 innocent women and children. I don't recall, ever, so much as seeing even 10 Christians support a gay beating or the killing of an abortionist.

" Why did you choose to focus on muslims?"

Has nothing to do with "scapegoats" and everything to do with they are making the news with their agenda of fear and intimidation. I also focused on them for killing innocent Christians who brought no harm to them and were just living peacefully. They are clearly abusing or taking advantage of a situation to "justify" violence. As a Christian this becomes a personal issue as I recognise these 15 individuals like they were my brother's and sister's.

You say no one is right? Let me point out to you that Christians (especially in North America) are FAR MORE persecuted when it comes to the media. That is a fact. When is the last time, if ever, did you see us "rise up" and start burning mosques and slaughtering the muslims because of what the media did? There is nothing that can be said to justify their actions.

There is a right and there is a wrong. They are clearly in the wrong!

Anonymous said...

Mandora,

You're assessment of WWII and the Jews and Germany is close. I suggest a book that has been acclaimed for many years. It explains exactly what Hitler did, as well as, many other violent leaders that take advantage of desparate people. It is called "True Believer" by Eric Hoffer. Like I said, widely acclaimed. In a nutshell I would say that the main messages are:
1. desperate people will follow anybody that promises hope (Germans and Hilter circa 1935; Iranians and Khomeini circa 1979)
2. when the people start to use energy find a common enemy (Hitler used the Jews; Khomeini used the USA)

Q

Anonymous said...

bullet Number 2. should say:
When the people start to lose their energy find a common enemy...

Q

Anonymous said...

TIO,

I think you hit the bullseye across the board.

As far as Mandora saying that Christians have a worse record than Muslims. That is what happens when you focus on the past. Nobody is perfect. Let's focus on the future and how to find common ground with the Muslim people of the world - pray for them as well as ourselves.

I would add this. Anybody can call themself a Christian. There is a litmus test, but only God knows if we pass or fail. Therefore, here on Earth anybody can call themselves a Christian. It doesn't mean that they are. I have seen many people on the left attack Christianity because people that behave badly call themselves Christian. Like for instance KKK members. Now, while they may be Christian, I do not see how they can use Hope, Love, Faith, The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit and spew the garbage that comes out of their mouths. So, it makes me wonder if they are Christians... only God knows for sure. I say that what they aspire to doesn't fit my understanding of Chistianity and they will not have my support.

Q

Mandora the Explorer said...

As far as Mandora saying that Christians have a worse record than Muslims. That is what happens when you focus on the past. Nobody is perfect. Let's focus on the future and how to find common ground with the Muslim people of the world - pray for them as well as ourselves.

I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, all we have for comparisson is the past. I agree that right NOW, muslim fundamentalists are the 'winners' at causing terror, and that on the whole Christians are quite peaceful. BUT it's important to remember the past.

I would add this. Anybody can call themself a Christian. There is a litmus test, but only God knows if we pass or fail. Therefore, here on Earth anybody can call themselves a Christian. It doesn't mean that they are. I have seen many people on the left attack Christianity because people that behave badly call themselves Christian. Like for instance KKK members. Now, while they may be Christian, I do not see how they can use Hope, Love, Faith, The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit and spew the garbage that comes out of their mouths. So, it makes me wonder if they are Christians... only God knows for sure. I say that what they aspire to doesn't fit my understanding of Chistianity and they will not have my support.

I agree with all of this as well. It's nonsense for someone to call themself a Christian, and then kill an abortion doctor, or gay person, or jew, etc. etc. Complete nonsense. The same as it's nonsense for muslim terrorists to call themselves muslim. Islam holds life in high regard.... these people do not. They are not truly representing their faith. If you TRULY have faith in your god, have faith that he will deliver justice, it's not your problem to deal with it. End of story.

PS - TIO,
I've not forgotten to reply to your post. But, I've been busy freaking out on people over at pourquois pas. Seems they've turned against me for standing up for the rights of the right. Go figure. :)

The Intolerant One said...

Mandora:

" Seems they've turned against me for standing up for the rights of the right"

You go girl! Which posting is it? I"m going in! Cover me. :)

Q:

Thanks for dropping in again. Appreciate your input.

Mandora the Explorer said...

It's the GM foods one. I was defending Mary Q and her right to have an opinion, and they blasted me.

I told them to go to hell basically (but with grown up words).

Mandora the Explorer said...

ps - I got your back!
(although, by your pics, I suggest that likely you don't need the help of a 5'2" barely 100lb chick.) But, I DO have a big mouth, and I'll go down fighting!! :)

The Intolerant One said...

Mandora:

Apparently I am not allowed to have an opinion either, unless it of course agrees with PP's position's.

I exposed some behavioural attitudes and was acused of name calling blah, blah, blah. I do not think I could have said things any more respecatble and maturely then I did.

"I told them to go to hell basically (but with grown up words)."

They do not comprehend grown up words. The minute I spoke them I was "assaulted" (lack of better term)

I concede that Q was right. I am reminded of a bunch of spoiled little brat's in a playground.

Thanks for inviting me to the site. I feel I gave it my best shot at intelligent dialect on a respectable level. I do not feel I enaged in any name calling but I certainly can see why "righty's" do not stick around long. Most (not all) of the individuals at this site talk out both side's of their mouths. They SAY they want a more "right" input but then do everything to devour one who is not convinced of their viewpoints.

I still respect their passions but they are just too INTOLERANT! LOL:)

Unfourtunatley they will never come close to achieving their goals. They write some decent post's and then just have a "bitch" session and see who's credbility they can destroy. I have no time for this type childish behaviour.

On a good note, considering you and I are at polar opposites, we can always set the example of "intelligent, respecatble" debate.

And one day you may even get it "Right"! :P

Mandora the Explorer said...

I agree. I totally misunderstood the point of their blog. I THOUGHT they wanted to discuss things, as they claimed. Turns out they just want to bash anyone who isn't a left extremist and the first time I disagreed I got blasted. And they clearly aren't intellegent in their opinions because they weren't even listening to what I was saying. They started name calling and freaking out and putting words in my mouth. I just plain don't have time for that. I prefer to dialogue with someone who can discuss things rationally (ie - you).

The whole point is to be open and maybe learn something or have your mind changed. All they did was make me want to distance myself from the left as fast and as far as possible. They claim they want to stop hate and intolerence, but won't act respectfully to anyone who holds a different viewpoint.

Children. ugh.

Anonymous said...

TIO/Mandora,

I tried their blog for 9 months. They live in their own world and cannot see how others see them. They find no fault among themselves and see nothing but faults in others. They wallow in despair and seem to seek out nothing but negative news and views.

What you say affects how you think. What you think affects what you do. What you do affects who you are. Who you are affects what you say.

They are in a very negative spiral collapsing on themselves.

It seems to me that if they had their way the world would be less violent (I've rarely seen them advocate violence, though I've seen many comments about how Americans got what they deserved on 9/11 and will get more of what we deserve...).

On the other hand, in their world there would be very little freedom to live my life the way I want to.

- They would advocate a world where nobody judges anybody and everybody would help each other.

The only problem, this is contrary to human nature. There are some people I don't want to help. I would be forced to share what I earn with others (more than the mere 40% I pay in federal, state, and local taxes today) even if I don't like them. I would be forced to help people like the Deviant1 and SheaNC. They are jerks and I don't want to help them.

- They would use law and government to make their world happen.

That government would essentially give me the choice of being a slave to those that do nothing, or being a person that does nothing.

- I would have the right to speak as long as I agree with them.

- I would have to give up my guns.

- What would be the point of voting in their world?

- Would I be allowed to accumulate wealth? Wouldn't they tax it away from me?

- Would I be able to own property?

- What if we didn't have enough of a particular resource? How would we decide how to distribute it? Who would decide? Would that be the only reason to vote?

They haven't thought out the impact of their beliefs. They stop where idealness fails and practicality or reality begins.

. . .

Despite the woes of our world and our Western philosophies the Homeric and Hellenistic ideals of Greece are still the foundation and have worked for almost 2000 years. Our Greek foundations are based on individuals seeking "arete" which essentially comes down to self-interest.

So, form an environment (communities and governments) where people have the opportunity to succeed. Then get out of the way and see how people decide to live their life. Frenchie and the others refuse to accept that most people (not children, the very elderly, some with mental and physical limitations) have actually contributed more to their existence than any other force (in the USA, Canada, UK, Australia at the least).

Frenchie and the rest are always seeking the "hidden agenda", the "hatred", the "meanness", the "corruption", the "manipulation", the "errs" in those people, organizations, and thoughts they disagree with.

I don't remember ten times that they have criticized an American Democrat. If you stand back and look at the difference between American presidents what is the real difference between Republicans and Democrats? Clinton used the military frequently. Kennedy almost started a nuclear war in Cuba. LBJ is the one that expanded our fear of communisim into a war in Vietnam.

Frencie and crew would throw out the baby with the bath water. Why? Because they are snipers. Instead of keeping perspective all they focus on is: differences, weaknesses, and the past.

They could post 10 times as much bad data about any Arabic nation, China, Mexico, and Russia. You want to talk about no freedoms? You want to talk about rights for women? You want to talk about slavery (not in the 1800's but today!!!)? Look at these nations. Nope - only the US sucks.

They are so confused that I almost pity them, but they are so mean spirited that I can't even give them pity. (I feel bad about this. I may have to open my heart. But it is how I feel.).

Q

Mandora the Explorer said...

My problem is that if you advocate socialism, I don't think you've thought it through. SURE it SOUNDS great on paper... everyone is equal, etc., but that simply doesn't work in the real world. I just think that it's pretty uncreative and unimaginative to push it as the 'great solution' to the world's problems...

Jeff Msangi said...

Q-Tip,
I am sorry that western life has occupied me to the extent that I have been somehow "away" from your always challenging blog.Regarding this piece,you have made true and great points regarding all the issues involved,free of speech,faith choices,peace and violence,who are the true kids of God etc.I wouldn't add anything more when an article is well written and to the point.Good write!

The Intolerant One said...

Q:

I appreciate your input. I hope to see you continue to come by on a regular basis.

Mandora:

We are agreeing to much lately. Something is amiss (there is that twilight zone music again)

I guess I will just have to intentionally write something that I know will get you in a tither. ;)

Jeff:

You cannot imagine how glad I was to hear from you. I have missed your valuable and appreciated input. It's good to see you coming around. Thank you for the compliment.