While dodging media scrutiny over insulting attack ads about the military Paul was trying to condemn Stephen Harper about his economic proposals asking the question:"Where was he going to get all the money from to pay for his parties iniatives?" When all was said and done the Conservatives spending would total about 60 billion dollars. I think Paul needs to be reminded of something...
And that was BEFORE the election was even called. Add that too what he promises to spend now and he almost double's the Conservative platform! It would appear that Stephen Harper is a bit of a penny pincher when compared to the Prime Ministers spending habits, would it not?
What about the Prime Ministers promise that his "first priority" back in office would be to remove the "not withstanding" claus. A very dumb, stupid, and VERY SCARY move on his part. But nonetheless important to a desperate Prime Minister..so important "in fact"(PM's favourite phrase) that he forgot to put it into his 85 page "New Liberal Red Book". Which by the way was only printed 7 hours before last Mondays leader debate. How do you leave something like that out when it is your "first priority"?. Maybe because your making it up as you go hey Paul? I know, I know, deny and lie.
But the highlight had to come with those asine and stupid attack ads especially the military ones they alleged pulled and were not even meant to be on their website. Even though they are running in french in Quebec right now. To coin a Liberal phrase "I am not making this up".
What you may not be aware of is that there were actually 14 commercials made in all! Two of them actually did not make it to the Liberal website. They inform us of the real Stephen Harper(Again!). Boy what would we do without the Liberals to keep us abreast of the reality. The other commercials are as follows:
Liberal attack ad #13
and
Liberal attack ad #14
So far the Liberals have been accused of twisting and distorting the truth about Stephen Harper and the Conservatives. (No, Liberals bending the truth, why that would be lying to Canadians!) I think a more accurate commercial should have gone a little more something like this:

At least it is more accurate and does not allow for scrutiny. In a Liberals world, scrutiny leads to mutiny. Liberal MP candidate Keith Martin called the individual who approved the military commercial "an idiot". Uhhhh Keith, ahem, that idiot would be Paul Martin. Even the Deputy Prime Minister was out of the loop by saying that the Prime Minister, to her knowledge (which ain't all that much), did not approve of the commercials. Huh? But he just said he did and was called an idiot because of it! Sheesh! Tell me my fellow Canadians that you do not want more of these people come January 23.
There has been something awfully familiar about Paul Martin over the past couple of years and I am not quite sure what that is. You know that whole "I am not a crook" thing...wait a minute...I GOT IT!

I knew it. I knew I recognised this guy. Only Paul is really not a crook because, well because.....he said so!
RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!!

Like the Titanic, I suspect the Liberal ship is about to sink. Bon Voyage!
Until next time...
6 comments:
Q-Tip,
I am sure you know that I am not a voter this year.I am just a silent listener like the greatest Jesus.I assume I am safe to conclude that PC guys are likely to have a taste of your vote.If that is not the case,just close your eyes and forgive me for my wrong guess!All comes,all goes,I want to remain human a bit here.Is there anything good that the Liberal Party has done for Canada,for Canadians for the last 12 years that they have been in power?What are they,if any?I happen to have a problem with attacks and condemnation from both sides and now somehow you my dear friend.Since when did politics declare a permanent war against humanism?
It is good to hear from you again dear friend. Your guess was correct, I went and cast my "advance" vote today in my riding for the Conservatives.
You asked:
"Is there anything good that the Liberal Party has done for Canada?"
I would honestly say nothing that stands out. Our country has fallen very fast in a short period of time "morally" since they have come to power. Not to mention we are now the most overtaxed nation in the G8 countries.
I see your concern that I am also "attacking" as they are. Thank you for watching out for my attitude. I have a feeling you will keep me on my toes.
But if I may suggest that, unlike a Liberal, I would not willingly distort my findings about Liberal corruption and scandals just to make them look bad. They seem to be pretty good at it themselves. I do acknowledge that at times I denote heavy sarcasm towards them but I believe that stems out of a frustration over the way they have detoriated my country from what it once was.
I would like to encourage you to read my September 24th entry titled "Stupid is as stupid does" and challenge you to find something in there I have said about the Liberal government that is not true.
It is a 16 point presentation on the performance over the last 12 years they have been in power. If everything I said in that entry is true (and I believe it is quite accurate), then I have not "attacked" I have merely exposed the truth.
Your views would, and always are, appreciated.
From what I hear the economics of Canada have done very well compared to other G8 countries.I am not an economist so I will just rely on what I read and hear.Do you have an idea how Canada was hailed and given full international respect for not sending troops to Iraq?I was out of Canada by that time,travelling around the world so I know what I mean when I put this point.When at university I read one book titled Too Much,Too High Expectations.I hope this is not the case with most of us here.I am not pro-liberal nor PC.I almost hate politics just as how I hate dying.However,I believe Canada should not expect any changes given PC being in power of Liberals.What we have here is trial and error politics.I will read your other piece.
You are somewhat correct when you state Canada has done very well economically compared to the other G8 countries.
Financially we look good on paper but all that fiscal balance came at the hand of you and I the taxpayer. As I stated before, we are the most overtaxed nation in the G8.
For example, when you purchase a litre of fuel the average amount of taxes on that fuel are 4 (different taxes) This depends on the Province you live in. You pay PST(Provincial sales tax) GST, fuel tax (Federal excise tax), and my favourite..the debt reduction tax. This last one burns me the most as Prime Minister Paul Martin implemented this tax 11 years ago to nail down the deficit. He also claims, now, that the deficit was paid off 8 years ago yet he will not remove this tax.
The other tax for unemployment taken off my paycheck is no longer necessary. The nation only requires about 15 billion dollars in it's reserve in order to sustain us in a time of heavy job loss. This reserve has now ballooned to 45 billion dollars! I continue to lose hand over fist when it comes to personal income. Yet our government refuses tax breaks when we are "supposedly" in such a great position on an economic level.
I would suggest that Canada's economics do nothing for the middle class or the poor. It is more smoke and mirrors to impress the G8.
Your other statement:
"Do you have an idea how Canada was hailed and given full international respect for not sending troops to Iraq?"
Yes I have heard about it. But I still hold my own personal views about it.
You said something interesting when you stated:
"I believe Canada should not expect any changes given PC being in power of Liberals."
Although I do not expect a perfect government I have alot of rejuvenated hope for my country should the Conservatives get in. They know they will be on trial before Canada to see if they can govern the country and bring about some positive and needed change.
I also feel that they realise this and would remember just how long it took them to get into power. Should they gain a majority they should be able to understand that they could lose it again in 4 short years. Hopefully this will be an incentive for them to serve Canada well.
For me, Jeff, I do have hope because I am anticipating change for the better.
But my ultimate hope will be fufilled when Jesus Christ returns as the King of Kings and Lord of Lords...to his righteous government there shall be no end!
I respect and love your patriotism.Whenever you have put the words "my country" I feel obligated to respect your deep deep views and directions.You have argued very well about the case you have presented.I remain with one question,what if PC loses again?Should we expect another election next year??I hope Canada will not stumble into the trap of being an elections nations in the pursuit of democracy which is already in question.I am of course citing the act of Green Party being excluded from national debate while a party that represent one province gets national attention!
IF, and that is a very big if, the Conservatives lose this election then Yes we will be heading into yet another election. But this is one thing I admire about the Conservative platform. They want to set fixed election dates so we can avoid this constsant election madness when we deal with a minority government.
I agree very strongly with you when you mention the lack of democracy regarding the snubbing of the Green party while a so called Federal party that only represents one province is allowed to debate while the one running candidates in every riding is excluded. What a contradiction.
Back to Canada being the most overtaxed nation in the G8... I happened across just how many taxes we pay for. Are you ready my friend...because this is a very long list:
1 Accounts Receivable Tax
2 Building Permit Tax
3 Capital Gains Tax
4 CDL license Tax
5 Cigarette Tax
6 Corporate Income Tax
7 Court Fines (indirect taxes)
8 Dog License Tax
9 Federal Income Tax
10 Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
11 Fishing License Tax
12 Food License Tax
13 Fuel permit tax
14 Gasoline Tax
15 Hunting License Tax
16 Inheritance Tax
17 Revenue Canada IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax)
18 Revenue Canada Penalties (tax on top of tax)
19 Liquor Tax
20 Local Income Tax
21 Luxury Taxes
22 Marriage License Tax
23 Medicare Tax
24 Property Tax
25 Real Estate Tax
26 Septic Permit Tax
27 Service Charge Taxes
28 Social Security Tax
29 Road Usage Taxes (Truckers)
30 Sales Taxes
31 Recreational Vehicle Tax
32 Road Toll Booth Taxes
33 School Tax
34 Provincial Income Tax
35 Unemployment Tax
36 Telephone federal excise tax
37 Telephone federal universal service fee tax
38 Telephone federal, and
39 local surcharge taxes
40 Telephone minimum usage surcharge tax
41 Telephone recurring and non-recurring charges tax
42 Telephone and local tax
43 Telephone usage charge tax
44 Toll Bridge Taxes
45 Toll Tunnel Taxes
46 Traffic Fines (indirect taxation)
47 Trailer registration tax
48 Utility Taxes
49 Vehicle License Registration Tax
50 Vehicle Tax
51 Watercraft registration Tax
52 Well Permit Tax
53 Workers Compensation Tax
54 GST on everything including your funeral
It is important to note as well, Jeff, that not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago. Back then we had no national debt, we had the largest class of middle income earners, and families could easily afford for the mother to stay home and raise the children without the burden of worrying about a second income to make ends meet. As I stated before, governments got wealthy off our backs.
54 different taxes! That almost sounds like the definition of insanity!
Thank you for your comment about my patriotism. I love my country. I hope it can be restored to what it once was.
Post a Comment