
"And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night."

"An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."

Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,
"Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests."
(Luke 2:4-14)
This entry is dedicated to the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords, the Prince of peace, the wonderful counsellor, the Saviour and redeemer of mankind, the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the Great "I Am", the one who was..who is.. and is to come, the Son of the living God.
By my own willful choice to surrender my life to him he now calls me His friend, His Child, His brother. It is common tradition to celebrate a family member's birthday. Today(and all week) I will celebrate my brother's birthday. Happy Birthday Jesus my bro and thank you for coming to to earth to take my place in death so that I might have life everlasting.
Merry Christmas to all my fellow blogger's and "anonymous" readers. May God's peace rest upon you all. Remember....
Until next time...
2 comments:
The Intolerant:
I have a question for you. How does a Christian approach the 25th of December from the historical point of view? Is it really believed, that that was Jesus' birthday? What do you think of the associations between the winter's solstice and otheri deities like Apollo and Mithras?
By the way, I am glad that we can debate about topics with a great level of respect towards eac other's opinion. I will add you to my list of links in Multae Sententiae
Hello Marco. I actually responded to that very question in the "comments" section of my December entry "Tis' the season to insult" Jeff Msangi had the same questions. I hope my responses to him help answer your questions. If not, feel free to ask more.
I too enjoy very much our respectful debates. Once I figure out how to get my own blog lines going I also had intended to add your name as well.
I thank you for your consideration of myself. By the way, I still had one more thing I had to address on our current debate but I will save that for after the holidays. Be watching for it.
I look forward to many good discussions in the future.
Post a Comment