Saturday, October 15, 2005

I am not an animal!

Imagine, if you will, how exactly you would feel if someone approached you and justified your sexuality to the equivalent of an animal. I don't know about you but I personally would be down right insulted. Yet here we are in the day and age of forced acceptance and "postive" tolerance(what a joke) being brought down to that level. Back in the spring(2005) when the whole gay marriage issue was being force fed down the throats of Canadians I took notice of a number of editorials and letter's to the editor(of a number of newspapers) rationalizing why the homosexual lifestyle should be welcomed into the fold of marriage. In a typical display of liberal idiocy, those in favour of gay marriage with their infinite wisdom felt comparison's to the animal kingdom was justification enough to accept homosexuality as a normal sexual lifestyle. The rationalisation given was simply this "...because the animals do it." Wow, how profound. Although I am not a homosexual, and I will NEVER recognize a same-sex marriage as legitimate, I did feel insulted on behalf of the gay community that there are people out there who, in defense of homosexuals, would lower them to the standard of an animal! At least I still recognize them as part of the human race and treat them as such. What these defender's of "goodwill" do not realise is the pandora's box that they are opening when they make such dangerous comparison's. If we are to accept the homosexual lifestyle as "normal" because "the animals do it" then one has to be prepared for acceptance of all the animals sexual practises and adopt them as normal for human's as well. Not just homosexuality. If we parallel our sexuality with animals here's what we are in danger of saying is acceptable.
1.) Animals DO NOT ask for permission to have sex with their partner. If we apply the term"..because the animals do it" we then justify non consensual sex or rape as an acceptable sexual lifestyle.
2.) Some animals kill their mate during the act. Because the animals do it we must now accept necrophilia as a normal sexual lifestyle.
3.) Monkeys, for example, have sex with their own children when they are as young as 2 years old. Because the animals do it we now say that incest and pedophileia is also a normal, therefore, acceptable sexual lifestyle.
4.) Some animals will kill another male species and take his female companion. Because the animals do it we must now accept that it is OK for a man to murder another man so he can take his wife for himself.
Are you begining to get the picture? The human race should always hold itself to a higher standard. The reason some animals engage in homosexual activity (listen up you liberal moron's who don't do your homework) is because of over population. It has nothing to do with a strong urge to be with the same sex. It has everything to do with an internal clock inside that goes off during certain times of the year that says I must pro create RIGHT NOW! It is almost as if their body instinctively takes over because they are being told they need to "release" their seed. Is it normal for them to engage with another animal of the same sex? No, it is because that is what is available to them. Unlike human beings who can exert self control, they cannot. My final case in point is this...when your neighbour's pooch run's across the street to mount you and furiously begin's to hump your leg do you:
A) Say to your self "I think this is the begining of a beautiful thing" or...
B.) Say to yourself "This is just NOT NORMAL!"
Think about it! Until next time...

2 comments:

rabsteen said...

I think humans are animals. I understand your comments though; the animal world provides little persuasion for humans to accept or deny certain sexual practices.

I think the argument is that homosexuality is natural because it occurs within nature. But as you suggest, there are a lot of sexual practices that occur in nature but that doesn't mean society should accept them.

Instead I think we need to see if homosexuality is consistent with the morals of a broad spectrum of canadians. If it is, then our legislation should reflect the updated version of our values and norms.

It seems to me that since the 70s, a large majority of canadians have and continue to accept homosexuality; as a result it would make sense to see this change reflected in our legislation.

it doesn't mean you have to like homosexuality or agree with it, it simply means you should understand that it be recognized as a norm in society.

The Intolerant One said...

Thanks Rab, I appreciate where you are coming from(dang! aren't we Canadians nice). I actually once held similiar views to your own which is why I can understand your perspective. However, I would continue to disagree that we are animals.

The argument that homosexuality is natural because it occurs within nature is a very dangerous one as I stated in my entry. I think we could both agree that it is certainly not "natural" for a dog to hump your leg no more then it is natural for you to turn around and hump the dog back (no disrespect intended)

We need to bear in mind that animals are instinctive and make no decisions based on moral judgments. They react to their enviorments and body clocks. As I stated before, just because it happens in nature does not neccessarily make it normal.

Once we head down the road of rationalising unnatural sexual practises by comparing it to the animal kingdom we open up the flood gates to remove all moral and human dignities. Unlike animals we have the ability to choose right from wrong, to exercise self control and restraint, and to know the difference between what is natural and unnatural.

I do agree, in part, with you when you say that you feel a large majority of Canadians accept homosexuality. I believe they, like myself, accept them as fellow human beings, as contributing members of society, and they should be respected as such. I also believe that a large part of that majority has to do with the militant homosexual activists(I do not lump all homosexuals in this catergory) who over the last 3 decades have out shouted people into silence by trying to make them feel ashamed for not agreeing with them. However, I think you would find the majority shift to a minority if you were to ask the people if they see it as a natural sexual practise. Medical science will not even support it.

You may disagree on this last note, but allowing legislation to reflect what some may consider the norm is just another part of the slippery slope. Many sexual practises will start lining up at Parliaments gates such as the polyigamists, incestous parents, and pedophiles. They will eventually use the same argument about how natural it is for them. I know that may sound far fetched but don't forget that 12 short years ago when homosexuals were fighting for same sex benefits the very same Liberals in power today were the ones who said yesterday that those benefits would not lead to redefining marriage. I am quite convinced that polygamy will be the next thing on the Liberals agenda of forced acceptance of unnatural sexual lifestyles. (Should they remain in power)

On a completely different note...Congragulations! You are the very 1st registered blogger to comment on my site. The intent behind my site has always been to try and evoke response and provoke respectful debate. I may not always agree but I appreciate other perspectives such as yours. Hope you'll visit again.